NeighboursFans needs your help ×

One of those birthday things...

Hawker

• Management

This is a slightly surreal feeling. I can't believe it was a year ago that I was composing this message to you all. Since then, we've been joined by another 4145 members (what happened in October?! We had 434 people join in one week...) and we've continued to grow hugely.

Although I had thoughts about this birthday, it's slipped my mind a little with the amount of uni work I've had to do...so I haven't got anything massively special arranged at the moment but I will be continuing the upgrades I started a few weeks ago, so as usual, don't be surprised if you see things flying on and offline over the next few weeks whilst I experiment.

But nevermind, roll on November - although today is the official birthday of NF.com, the forum's birthday is a few months away...and scarily enough, it's knocking on for 6! I'll see if I get around to anything special for that. ;)

A huge huge huge thank you to all of my Management and Staff members who work long and hard to keep the site running smoothly (and have done a sterling job in my unannounced..even to them!...absence this year), as well as a massive thanks to the Contributors who are busy working away on the episode content for the site (which will appear at some point, I promise) and of course, to all of the members - because without you coming here and posting your opinions, the forum wouldn't be here!

Aww, you can feel the love, can't you? :hug:

(And Happy 21st Australian Birthday to Neighbours!)

• Management
October saw the plane crash in Aus and the 20th anniversary in the UK, which could explain the membership increase.

That's right. And Miles Mendoza mentioned us on Steve Wright's show on Radio 2 on his website of the day, thanks to The Divine Mrs M (where has she gone? :( ).

Lovely words Sal. :)

I love this place. Its hard to explain the reasons to none neighbours fans, but it is a place you can come and talk with friends. :hug: Thanks to you for keeping up the good work, and to all the members for making it a lovely place to come. :D

what happened in October?! We had 434 people join in one week

Tut-tut, bad Neighbours fan, Sal! ;):lol:

Happy Birthday to the board. I remember being very excited just over a year ago, and loads of us were on e.net googling new names trying to find the new site! :lol: And loads of people thought they had found it because some site called 'Lassiters.Net' or something had an 'under construction' banner! :lol:

Happy Birthday to nf.com and Neighbours. :)

I remember all the excitement when the site was launched and we all swarmed over from e.net. :lol:

I would like to say a huge Thank you to Sal and all the staff members who make this a great place to chat about Neighbours and general randomness in GC. :lol:

Thanks guys. :hug:

I would also like to point out that it won't be long before the site has 20,000 members! :o