End of the Year Review

Hawker

• Management

Hello hello,

A few of the changes I've been wanting to implement have been on hold as we've waited for the new board software to arrive but as I'm sorting out that, I'm wondering if there's anything that you guys would like to see or would change if you were in charge of the board?

Is there a forum you'd like to see added, or do you think an area of the board doesn't work as well as it could do? Maybe there are cosmetic changes you'd like to see or you've got a great idea you'd put into play?

Feedback is always appreciated - this year has seen the appearance of the Current Affairs and Celebrations forums in response to what you've told us, the splitting up of General Chat, the Australian Neighbours Chat forum...the list goes on. So if you'd like to see something, say - it'll end up on the A4 list infront of me (which is quite long already :D) and you should see some new features for 2007.

Cheers guys. :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny - when I read Sal's post, I thought not a shoutbox! :lol: I just think they make a forum look cluttered and a bit tacky. There's plenty of opportunity for talking rubbish in Whatever ;)

I'm not sure what I'd add. Oh, apart from a link to the Summaries Archive in a prominent place - maybe at the top of the page? Some people have trouble finding it the rare ones that miss my advertising ;)

What is a shoutbox?

I am struggling to think of what needs adding to be honest!

A shoutbox is a way of chatting without needing to add posts to a forum like in whatever.

Sayaka, the advantage of a shoutbox is that you can type quicker and it's easier to see posts, if you hit add reply in whatever and type a long post by the time you've actually submitted it there's been 50 other chatterboxes members posted and you end up missing stuff. It's quicker to type and press enter than it is to click add reply then submit post like in whatever.

I still stand by my arcade suggestion...it's a great way of amusing yourself if you don't feel like posting about neighbours at a particular moment...or if you're having an argument you can cleverly sneak off and amuse yourself while the other person vents and gets told off by mods ;)

I'm not sure what I'd add. Oh, apart from a link to the Summaries Archive in a prominent place - maybe at the top of the page? Some people have trouble finding it the rare ones that miss my advertising ;)

Maybe we should let you bend the "no changing text size" rule to make your signature stick out. ;)

And for some reason, picturing a huge obvious link in your signature reminded me of a very random IT Crowd quote. (For those who watch it) "The SHOOOOOOES-AH!"

But then, I did just watch that episode. :lol:

• Management

Personally, I'd hate a shoutbox! They seem to be full of

Hello, how r u doin?

Fine fanks - wot r u up 2 2day?

Type of posts whenever I've seen them! :rolleyes:

We used to have a chatroom, but interest quickly waned until it was hardly ever used, but maybe that's worth a try again? I still think the novelty would wear off though.

I can't think of anything I'd like adding. :)

I would not enjoy a shoutbox to be honest, it sounds all a bit teeny but thats my opinion

I wouldn't mind the quotes returning at the top of the page as they amused me!

Agree about the shoutbox, most people have msn if they want to chat like that :???:

The quotes were hilarious so yeah that'd be good to have them back if it's achievable. Other than that am having trouble of thinking of anything Sal, :wub: this place!

Funny - when I read Sal's post, I thought not a shoutbox! :lol: I just think they make a forum look cluttered and a bit tacky. There's plenty of opportunity for talking rubbish in Whatever ;)

Completely agree. I don't think they work that well, most of us have msn for that kind of thing and there is always whatever.

I would like to see the quotes back....some of them were quite random but on the whole great to have.

Yeah, they were really funny and sometimes made my day by making me laugh!

I don't think a shoutbox would be a good idea tbh :???:

I can't really think of anything else though!