NeighboursFans needs your help ×

Changes to Subscription Packages

• Management

Hiya guys,

First of all, I want to thank every person who subscribed to a package over this year - whether it was a 6 month subscriber package or all the way up to a 12 month premium subscriber package. Every single one of you really helped with the fees for the board and I really really appreciate it...it's made keeping the board running far far easier.

I've made a few changes to the subscriber set up for this year and instead of 4 packages, there are now 3 packages: Subscriber, Premium Subscriber and Premium Subscriber - No Badge (yes, I did listen to the feedback!).

Subscriber

* 50 private messages instead of 35

* ability to create polls in Current Affairs and Neighbours Polls

* donator badge

Premium Subscriber

* 60 private messages instead of 35

* ability to create polls in Current Affairs and Neighbours Polls

* ability to change your display name (up to 4 changes every fortnight)

* reduced flood control on searching

* donator badge

Premium Subscriber - No Badge

Exactly the same as the Premium Subscriber package but...NO money badge!

Payment Methods

Cheque

If you wish to pay via cheque, please send me a PM and I'll give you an address. I'm happy for cheques to be sent up until June 1st. If your current package doesn't expire by then, just let me know and I'll add on a year for you from your expiration date (so if it finishes on the 10th of August 2007, your cheque will cover until the 10th of August 2008).

You do not need to do anything on the board - once I have your cheque, I'll sort everything via the Admin Panel.

Unfortunately, I can't accept cheques any later than June 1st.

Paypal

Just follow the actions through the board: http://www.neighboursfans.com/forum/index....&CODE=index

Changes Explained

Instead of a 6 month option, all packages are 12 months in length, as this was by far the most popular option this last year.

The Current Affairs forum is open to everyone now, regardless of post count or subscription status. To replace this 'lost' feature, subscribers have a new poll feature. All subscribers can now create polls in the Current Affairs forum and in the new Neighbours Polls forum.

Staff/Contributors

Instead using the subscription manager (as it'll demote you!), please read the thread in the Contributor Forum. Cheers!

....hope this all makes sense...any questions, just ask! :)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have the option to pay for next years subs yet because the button which I would normally click on to pay shows the status paid. I think I may have to wait until 21 May to resubcribe.

That's exactly what mine is like. I'll just have to wait until then!

Edited by Harold
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick question... my subscription runs out tomorrow but at the moment there's no option to pay for another year. I assume that'll change tomorrow and that briefly I'll be downgraded until I can go through the sub proceedure?

<-- just wants to make sure she's not missing anything

Gee. Thanks. :rolleyes: Will let you know then! Was hoping that I'd be able to renew upfront - only thing I can really think of is the PM inbox shrinking that'll be my biggest thing!

*goes to archive her messages so she's not suddenly got a full inbox*

(edited as I sounded sarky and didn't mean to be...)

Edited by Angel Girl
Gee. Thanks.

Sorry. :( </crap admin>

Perhaps Sal will know the concrete answer.

Janet! I was so not having a go! It was more about me being the test case! :lol: Stupid dry sense of humour getting me in trouble... Sorry, did not mean to sound harsh.

:hug:

In fact, have another one. :hug:

• Management

As Janet's said, we've not done this before so it's difficult to give an absolute answer. Certainly, when Dave signed up for the 6 month package, it merely returned him to the default members group.

When I've used other forums where I've subscribed, the same has happened - it just sends you back. I know there have been complaints to Invision about the subscription service because it is quite basic and doesn't offer renewals before the subscriptions expire - hopefully that's something they'll address in the future. :)

It's probably a good idea to archive your messages, just incase anything untoward happens - but I can't see the board having the capability to delete the messages...it'd probably make them inaccesible unless you subscribed again/deleted existing ones and then available again if you re-subscribe.

But as I say, it's not something we've used before so I couldn't tell you for sure.