NeighboursFans needs your help ×

Neighbours Summaries Archive

Hawker

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Management

Congratulations! The next goal is what, 6000?

Yeah, I think that's definitely the chaser. The end is in sight now, although there is a terribly long way to go.

If we write at the same pace as we've averaged for the past 4 years, we'll hit 6000 in 2 years...but there's a lot of things stopping that - not least the availability of episodes, and the time that people have to spare.

It's almost unthinkable though - I can't believe we've more than doubled what we held in the archive back in 2006. The summarisers have made an extraordinary effort over the past few years.

• Management

Off the top of my head, there's about 70 episodes that I'm not 100% sure on...but by the time we're worrying about that, we're talking about 1% of the archive being missing - which wouldn't be too shabby.

Although I'm hoping that doesn't happen, and we'll definitely be able to gap fill!

If When you get that far and have only a few episodes to go, I think you might be able to contact Neighbours distributor to fill in the gap, surely they'd be interested in this massive archive and wanted to help, just to complete it.

I wonder if any other show that has as many episodes as Neighbours has as large and detailed summaries archive. Perhaps this is a record!

Edited by Vanz

When you get that far and have only a few episodes to go, I think you might be able to contact Neighbours distributor to fill in the gap, surely they'd be interested in this massive archive and wanted to help, just to complete it.

They've helped out before so you never know.

Edited by Swanny

When you get that far and have only a few episodes to go, I think you might be able to contact Neighbours distributor to fill in the gap, surely they'd be interested in this massive archive and wanted to help, just to complete it.

They've helped out before so you never know.

They have?! The only time I remember is when they sent a script when the episode failed to air in Australia (though it aired in the UK)

Yes that is about the only one that springs to mind.

Would they still have those eppys easily to hand though - wrong tape formats etc Adam will explain it better than I can as he's more familiar with the terminology.

• Management

I think we're getting ourselves deep into a discussion that's not wholly relevant.

I don't know whether or not we could get any external help to complete the archive, but nor am I sure whether or not we need it - it might be something that we do not require.

What I do know is that this is an ongoing project and there are various factors which mean that I am doubtful as to how quickly the last stage (I.e. the last 1000 past summaries, plus the 5 new episodes each week) will progress.

If we need any help at the end of the project, I'm sure we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.