NeighboursFans needs your help ×

Board Upgraded

Hawker

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It works in mine. If it continue snot to go to the bottom left of this screen and you can select the zoom - smaller or larger.

I can't see anything related to zooming on the bottom left of my screen. I'm hopeless, I know! :rolleyes: I'll try to work it out though, thanks! ;)

It's always been posts - never topics. It's different in the formatting, yes, but it's the same function. :)

Sorry, Sal, just me being silly then! I just thought that before it took up more pages when it was this many new posts. But I am a very unobservant person!

• Management

Invision is quite awkward as to when it counts from for log in sessions - it'll count up lots of posts from earlier today...if you mark them all as read, it'll start up again from a more manageable total! :)

I meant bottom right - sorry! Silly me! On mine it's a magnifying glass with a plus sign, the percentage (mine is 100) and then a drop down arrow. Maybe that's just me!

I don't seem to have that icon... :blink: What about the other people on here? :unsure:

I meant bottom right - sorry! Silly me! On mine it's a magnifying glass with a plus sign, the percentage (mine is 100) and then a drop down arrow. Maybe that's just me!

I don't seem to have that icon... :blink: What about the other people on here? :unsure:

Do you have the bit circled in red on your screen, Daria?

BoardStuff.jpg

The new posts button definitely has changed, as every day I came on the number of new posts was pretty much always under 100. Since the upgrade it seems to be way over 300 each day. And in a way I'm doubting that the traffic on the site just boomed overnight lol (considering the usual number of pages of new posts is still relatively the same).

I don't seem to have that icon... blink.gif What about the other people on here? unsure.gif

Don't know what version of IE you're using but that zooming thing is only on IE7, if that's the problem.

Edited by swanny16
  • Management

It *is* correct - it is EXACTLY the same function. There has been nothing changed to the underlying workings of that part of the board.

If you look at the percentage markings of who posts per day, there are definitely not just 100 posts per day. For example, Tracy posted 50 times in the last 24 hours, which is 5.66% of the total posts...which means there were 883 posts in the last 24 hours.

This is correct. Trust me. I have no need to falsely inflate the board activity.

We average between 600-1000 posts a day, of late - generally hitting around 800/900. This is not unusual and I have well over 3 years of board statistics to prove it!

It's alright I wasn't accusing anyone of changing anything, though I'm just saying that the number of posts displayed to me has changed since the upgrade, though I've frequently had problems with that feature, with the number changing itself, so it probably was a problem on my end.