Board Upgraded

Hawker

• Management

Hello all,

I've done a small upgrade on the board this afternoon - sorry for the delay...it took slightly longer than I expected!

Most of the changes are behind the scenes but there are a couple of noticeable changes, the biggest of which is to do with the profile. If you look at someone's profile, instead of loading their latest topics, you now see an About Me page and the user's signature. (So get filling in your About Me page!)

This should help profiles to load faster and is a lot less resource intensive. :)

There will be a few things missing as upgrades always tend to interfere with the modifications that I apply to the board (which is why I always groan when there's an upgrade released!) - if you see something that has wandered off, whack a reply in here and I'll look into getting it sorted asap - you guys always notice things far sooner than I do!

Cheers!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for letting us know, Sal :)

I have a small question. Before when I used to load the forum up, the actual forum and contents were always in centered in the middle, leaving a big white space on either side of the browser. The last few days it has filled the browser window up fully.

I'm wondering whether the resolution or something has been tweaked, or whether I've accidently mucked something up recently?

Not sure if anybody knows what I mean with my less-than-technical explanation, and anyway it's not important, but I'm just curious :)

Thanks Sal :)

On the resize, is the signature limit still the same? (Not that I want to make mine super long or anything, just interested!)

ETA: For the "View New Posts" function, it's no longer coming up with the number in brackets for me. Is that intentional?

Edited by Sophie

I thought there was a gap at the top and kept thinking that the "view new posts" button had gone! :rolleyes: How observant of me. I also thought the board seemed to be wider, then I thought it might just be my eyes.

Thanks for letting us know about the upgrade Sal :)

Admin, Staff and Contributors names aren't coloured when they've made a post in a thread <probably makes no sense>

ETA: Also on the main page of the board, the list of everyone who's been online in the past 24 hours has gone.

Edited by Emily

Is there still a way of viewing the board in 800x600? I have to scroll the horizontal bar all the time to read the board now, which is a bit annoying to be honest. :???:

I don't use higher resolutions because the fonts are too small for my eyes. :(

The board is standards compliant - so you can use the 1024 resolution and change the font size within the browser so that you can read it. :)

Thanks for this... but it doesn't really solve my problem, since I can't do this with all programmes and would have to keep switching between 1024x768 and 800x600. But I understand that the board has to be adapted to suit the majority of people. :)

Which browser do you use, Daria?

I'm not sure about Internet Explorer, but with Firefox you can hold control down and move the scroll bar on your mouse to make the screen easier to read.

I used it a lot when I recently changed my resolution. :)

Thanks for the tip! :) It doesn't seem to be working in IE (which I usually use), but I'll see if it works in Firefox.

Which browser do you use, Daria?

I'm not sure about Internet Explorer, but with Firefox you can hold control down and move the scroll bar on your mouse to make the screen easier to read.

I used it a lot when I recently changed my resolution. :)

Thanks for the tip! :) It doesn't seem to be working in IE (which I usually use), but I'll see if it works in Firefox.

It works in mine. If it continue snot to go to the bottom left of this screen and you can select the zoom - smaller or larger.

• Management
On the resize, is the signature limit still the same? (Not that I want to make mine super long or anything, just interested!)

ETA: For the "View New Posts" function, it's no longer coming up with the number in brackets for me. Is that intentional?

Resize - it's still ten lines, but obviously you can get more on a line now. :)

Thanks for the new posts thing...it's back.

Admin, Staff and Contributors names aren't coloured when they've made a post in a thread <probably makes no sense>

ETA: Also on the main page of the board, the list of everyone who's been online in the past 24 hours has gone.

Cheers Em. :)

Names are now sorted; will get onto the other later.