NeighboursFans needs your help ×

UPGRADE - 16/09

Hawker

I don't have a clue, tbh. I would assume that if it was an option then it would be disabled because of the likelihood of spamming. But, if something is amiss somewhere or something is up behind the scenes then that could be what's going on? I really don't know. Perhaps Sal or Janet would know.

ETA: Or it just could be that Brina hit "delete" in her messenger. She didn't want however many copies of the same message sitting in her inbox (as they all get saved as conversations) so to save space she deleted them. That's probably most probable. So we can't "return" the conversation because from her end it doesn't exist.

</has brainz>

ETA2: Tried and tested and sorted. Woohoo! Chloe 1, board nil.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have just read the last 10 pages and I didn't see anything mentioned about this.

the YouTube Tags don't seem to be working since the upgrade there isn't a button for it that I can find and when I type them in manually [ youtube ] [ /youtube ] (without the spaces) the tags disappear but the code stays like this

HgI73U6bvdM

any ideas?

Apart from this minor frustration I'm liking the new upgrade

It works for me, typing the tags in manually, and I'm not staff. Did you copy the youtube link from the box on the right where it says "Url" (below the description of the video) or just the address bar? Because sometimes there is a lot of extra stuff in the address bar that doesn't work in embedding, like if you've accessed the video from "related videos"

I've got it now, I used to only have to put the video code in not the whole URL but now you do, must be something to do with the upgrade, either way it works which is the main thing but Sal if your reading you might want to look into the disappearance of your YouTube disclaimer.

Edited by neighbours fan 1986
  • Management

I don't know if you could do it here, but I resolved that problem on my board by creating a separate member account so I could log in as her and view the screen as a member rather than as Admin.

I'm not entirely sure what to say. I am aware what a test account is (indeed, I have one!) but I am still in the process of upgrading the board and logging in and out of accounts when I'm working on the site is a complete bind...especially when the problem is a reported one within Invision itself and probably isn't something that I can fix easily.

I mean, sure, I can log in as a test account and look at it...but I'd just sit here and go, "Oh right, it doesn't work. Best wait for that fix then." Which gets us all no further along. ;)

In all honesty, I'd have looked into it further if:

1) It wasn't already being fixed by Invision

2) I wasn't expecting the fix to be posted within a matter of days/weeks

3) It was particularly damaging to the site

4) I wasn't at work and had time to mess with it

...but as it none of those apply, we're just better off waiting for the fix. You seem to have found a temporary measure, and you know you can PM the Staff for assistance if need be. I can't do much else but sympathise.

• Management

I think Chloe's covered the PM thing. You don't have PMs as such any more - you have "personal conversations" instead. If the person you're talking to deletes their end of the conversation, you can no longer continue it (as they can't view their end of it) and you have to start a new one.

Youtube is because it's no longer a custom code (a la the spoiler tags) but a hardcoded Invision method. So the disclaimer has gone because that was part of the custom code and isn't a default setting. I might add that to the board rules instead of the individual tag, I think - as we're all aware of what the situation is with Youtube now. :)

Sorry, Sal. I wasn't expecting you do do anything about the editor problem till the fix. I know just what a bind a major upgrade can be and was just making a suggestion in general based on your comment that it works fine in your screen - obviously not necessary, so again, I apologise.

BTW: I'm not sure if it was just me, but I wanted to edit the thread title in last week's Drama and Turkey Awards and can't see how to do it. It gets changed through time from nominations to vote, to results, so it's helpful to be able to do it myself.
You can still do it yourself Barney but just a slightly different way to do it. Click 'edit post' then when your post opens up, click on 'use full editor' and you then get access to the title/subtitle. I hope that helps. smile.gif

I'm having the same problem in the new Declan and Bridget Appreciation Thread. I read through this thread, and noticed something about using the low-fi version, so I'll give that a go and see if I can edit the title and sub-title. If not, if anyone's got any other suggestions, it would be much appreciated smile.gif Cheers.

I think I've kind of already addressed it - we've just got to wait for the fix by Invision, as I'm not willing to hack the board to get something minor to work when it's on the fix list by the software authors. smile.gif

Totally get that Sal, the Low-fi version seems to do the trick anyway, but cheers for the help in the Decget thread.