UPGRADE - 16/09

Hawker

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like it. Pardon me for my stupidity, but how do I go to the first item that I haven't read in a thread?

ETA: What has happened to episode ratings? Ep 5777 has had 4 ratings, but there are no stars for the ep. in the Australian Episode Discussion listing, whereas other episodes do show stars there.

Edited by BudgieJane
  • Management

I don't think it loads that way in View New Content (when a few more people post, I'll test it out and let you know) but in the forum view, there'll be a green box just to the left of the thread title.

If you hit that, it should take you to your first unread post within that thread.

However, you might have to mark the board as read now to refresh your topic markers (it's been quite an intensive upgrade, and I don't think they'll have been preserved) before it'll function properly. :)

• Management
ETA: What has happened to episode ratings? Ep 5777 has had 4 ratings, but there are no stars for the ep. in the Australian Episode Discussion listing, whereas other episodes do show stars there.

There's a threshold now for the votes - so if only a couple of people vote, the rating doesn't display. When enough people have voted, the rating is shown.

• Management

Just to add, if you're using the View New Content feature, once your topic markers have been refreshed, it will take you to the first unread post in the thread if you click on the main title of the thread (rather than page 27 or something).

• Management

Thanks for all of the comments, guys - much appreciated. :)

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask...the forum structure and posts have been pretty well preserved, so it masks some of the changes that have gone on - but we've had a substantial overhaul so it's understandable if you're wondering where something is, or if a feature still exists.

I've been playing all day and I'm still finding things!

• Management

Afraid not.

I do agree with you - I was forever using it....but it's too resource intensive. If you're using Opera, you can set the View New Content page to auto re-load every x second(s), minute(s) etc, but I don't know if it's something we'll get reinstated within the board itself.

But I know where you're coming from. I used it a lot.