NeighboursFans needs your help ×

BACK UP! 15th September 2011

Sayaka

Thanks for geting the board back, I was very worried as well.

May I make a suggestion? What I believe is your home page still came up, would it have been possible to put a short message on there to briefly say what had happened?

Also, because I began since May I wasn't able get back in as myself, so I've registered as a brand new user with the same name. I hope that is an okay thing to do. :)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for geting the board back, I was very worried as well.

May I make a suggestion? What I believe is your home page still came up, would it have been possible to put a short message on there to briefly say what had happened?

Also, because I began since May I wasn't able get back in as myself, so I've registered as a brand new user with the same name. I hope that is an okay thing to do. :)

Hi - we already have a Livejournal which we've had for many years to post updates on in this sort of situation, and a Twitter. The LJ is at http://nf-com-updates.livejournal.com/ Might be an idea to bookmark it :)

• Management

There's a Twitter page and a Livejournal page that I was updating, but although the main page was available, it wasn't accessible from the back end of the site (I.e. I couldn't change it).

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/neighboursfans

(Maybe we should think about making the name of the lj page a bit more obvious...)

The other thing is, I wasn't actually home for most of this because I'm on my holidays - the amount of sorting out that I've been doing via my mobile phone (my god, thank god for Gmail and Opera Mini!) is unreal. If I had been home, yes, I would've probably stuck a note on the Eps Archive or something as well (it's another part of the reason that I have them at different hosts - so if one stuffs up, I can inform you on the other page...but it's not easy to do when you have prior appointments in "real life")....but when the problem first arose, we had no idea of the depth and scale of it....I honestly assumed we'd have been back online in a matter of minutes and hours, not days.

Thanks to everyone for all of your patience - it's been a rollercoaster of emotions the last few days and everyone's been supportive and understanding. Huge thanks to Gaynor, who worked diligently and constantly to get the site back up - she talked me down off the ceiling a few times too. :)

That was a bit scary, wasn't it?

Well done sorting out other people's messes. :bowdown:

4 months, eh? Oh well, at lest that means my profession of love for Emma Watson has been lost in the mists of time and you can't prove I ever said it, so ha ha!

Oh crap. :priest::p

And the LJ is public so you don't need to sign up unless you want to post :)

It annoyed me that I was able to post in the past on the LJ page as an anonymous member (I don't have an LJ account) but now it won't let me. :rolleyes:

I have to say thanks to Janet for texting me because she wasn't sure whether I'd seen the LJ page. :hug:

Actually, I think that was me Alex - I experimentally deleted any IPs near mine from the ban list, I think yours was one of them. How you got on a ban list is anyone's guess :rolleyes: I didn't even know there was a IP ban list there until this week. (in fact, it may have been hidden to us before this point)