Hawker

2014 Complete

13 posts in this topic

Just a little note of celebration that the summaries for 2014 are now complete, which brings us to 20 years completely summarised. :)

A big thank you to all of the summarisers who worked on 2014 - it's a long task writing a summary, and so many of you do it week in, week out without saying a word. Additionally, a massive thank you to those who screen cap for us...the pictures are instrumental in illustrating the episodes, and I wouldn't be without them.

Also a big thank you to Gaynor and Graham, who are both invaluable - in different ways - in keeping the archive running.

9 people like this

A big thank you to the Neighbours Fans staff for your hard work in creating a fantastic forum and archive for us all, your efforts are very much appreciated! :D Congrats on acheiving 20 years of summaries to guys! :celebrate::beer:

1 person likes this

A fantastic achievement! :D

Well done to all involved. :clap::celebrate:

While 20 years are completed in their entirety, lots of other years a partially completed too - in fact the archive is 94% complete now - just 423 episodes left to summarise :)

Well done everyone! I started summarising in 2004 I think :o

1 person likes this

20 completed years :o And just 423 left to finish! Amazing!

Well done everyone who's helped construct this one-of-a-kind archive :celebrate: Many other shows have similar archives, but getting up to over 7000 episodes, and with screen caps too, must be truly unique.

4 people like this

422 now ;)

That's fewer than 2 years' worth of episodes at 240 eps per year :)

2 people like this

Wow - 94% is amazing!

It really is a stunning achievement, well done all!

1 person likes this

Congratulations everyone! :D Ita definitely something very special and to be very proud of :)

Out of curiosity, have TPTB ever made any signals that they're aware of the summaries' existence?

TPTB definitely know they're there, and I know they've used them on occasion in the past. The Australian Screenwriters Guild is definitely aware of the archive and I sent them quite a lot of background information to help them piece together who wrote what for the show - and I know some of the writers link to us. There's someone, whose name slips my mind, has a direct link to his author page from his website. :)

2 people like this

That's awesome! :) I was only aware of a summary being referenced in the papers a while ago. Thanks for the info.

I'm sure the board will earn some sort of special Logie one day... Biggest die-hard fan base or something ;)

5 people like this

It was a pleasure to do so many summaries last year. I do realise my small contribution is nothing compared to all the summaries done over the last few years. Well done everyone!

In the future I would like to return to summarising weekly but it isn't possible at the moment.