NeighboursFans needs your help ×

End of the Year Review

Hawker

• Management

I used to really like the chatroom - when I was on the official site, that was the thing that pulled me into the community...not so much the forum.

We tried it on here a few times and either it didn't take off - or it did so well that it meant that people weren't posting on the board!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to love the random quotes, when they were snappy one-liners and not reams of Stax mush etc. I'd really like to see them back.

I agree that the quotes are best kept short, but irrespective of whether they are "reams of Stax mush" or anything else!

I'd love to see the arcade back! And also the chatroom, it was how I became friends with some of the people here. Scheduled chat times could work which the chatroom could be opened for, meaning that people would go into the chatroom because other people would be there, but since it wouldn't be open all the time, the board wouldn't be neglected.

Edited by ShesAStar
If there's not, I'm sure it's something I can rustle up for you. Any particular forum or the board in general? :)

I am sure I have seen RSS on another Invision Power Board before it may be one of the extras that comes with 2.2 I think, :unsure: would save you some work if they had included it in the latest upgrade. :)

I'd love to see the arcade back! And also the chatroom, it was how I became friends with some of the people here. Scheduled chat times could work which the chatroom could be opened for, meaning that people would go into the chatroom because other people would be there, but since it wouldn't be open all the time, the board wouldn't be neglected.

I like that idea, I second it :D

RSS Post exporter has been updated and is available for version 2.2 :)

I guess a chat room would need to be moderated to keep it PG 13, plus there would have to be rules on spoilers.

Never used RSS that much before but it seems to be getting more popular.

Maybe there could be a spoiler button in the chatbox, like the ones on the forum, and spoilers could be hidden that way :)

I have an RSS feed on my website...it copies stories from BBC News right into the forum :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think that a forum for "Hot news" with regard to Neighbours would be cool. Sperate from spoilers, this could concentrate on Gossip , rumours about arrivals, departures, deaths, marriages, news about the cast etc. (You get the picture). Then the spoilers forum could then be entirely devoted to spoilers that have been confirmed. What do you think?