NeighboursFans needs your help ×

Changes to Subscription Packages

• Management

LOL, well, I wouldn't say that but I've budgeted better this year. ;)

It surprised me when it was mentioned it was 2 years ago I brought the subs in...I remember that I had the choice to pay the board hosting or buy food, so I ended up eating cereal and rice for about a week so I didn't have to buy any shopping to help pay for it...but I got desperate and needed something else to eat so introduced subs after some encouragement from other people.

and Gaynor who saved me by sending me some Tesco vouchers to buy food with

I'm not financially sound by any means, but I can't imagine what a mess I was in to not be able to afford food! (Although it amuses me that I still rated the board as more important than eating. ;))

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Sal! You should have introduced subscriptions earlier! I've been meaning to sort out my subscription for about 3 months so I will get on that this week.

I was in a pretty bad money situation once and had to be saved by somebody kindly sending me a Tesco gift card!

It surprised me when it was mentioned it was 2 years ago I brought the subs in...I remember that I had the choice to pay the board hosting or buy food, so I ended up eating cereal and rice for about a week so I didn't have to buy any shopping to help pay for it...but I got desperate and needed something else to eat so introduced subs after some encouragement from other people.

As somebody who joined only recently, I would like to say this

• Someone has to pay for the board's hosting. It's not fair that that should fall on one person's shoulders.
  • In the short time that I have been a member I have got a lot of enjoyment from the board.
  • I would like to see the board continue for the forseeable future, certainly for as long as Neighbours is broadcast.
  • With that in mind, I am prepared to do something to help defray the costs.

You can expect to see a subscription from me shortly. My only problem is which one to choose.

• Management
Subscribed, paid... Nothing as yet! Is it slow or has it freaked?

*wants her Subscriber NB status back! :lol: *

Sorted for you. :) I've edited a few things, so hopefully it should shunt other people through more easily now.

As somebody who joined only recently, I would like to say this

• Someone has to pay for the board's hosting. It's not fair that that should fall on one person's shoulders.
  • In the short time that I have been a member I have got a lot of enjoyment from the board.
  • I would like to see the board continue for the forseeable future, certainly for as long as Neighbours is broadcast.
  • With that in mind, I am prepared to do something to help defray the costs.

You can expect to see a subscription from me shortly. My only problem is which one to choose.

Thank you; that's a really nice thing to say. :)

I meant to say earlier - if there's anything different that people want to see from the subscription packages, let me know (and I'm happy to apply any changes to all subscribers so people won't get left out :)).

This is weird. My membership shows it began 21 May 07 and has now expired. So I figure that as its expired I'll renew and get another year, effective from 21 May 08. It doesn't, it shows valid from 20 May 08 to 19 May 09. Very odd. I'm not to a day, but should the system be doing this?.

I'd like to add that this is my third year as a subscriber and its the best £18 that I've ever spent. I certainly get hundreds of hours of entertainment from it each year. Thanks for all your efforts, Sal and all the team. :clap:

Edited by Fitzy
  • Management
This is weird. My membership shows it began 21 May 07 and has now expired. So I figure that as its expired I'll renew and get another year, effective from 21 May 08. It doesn't, it shows valid from 20 May 08 to 19 May 09. Very odd. I'm not to a day, but should the system be doing this?.

I'd like to add that this is my third year as a subscriber and its the best £18 that I've ever spent. I certainly get hundreds of hours of entertainment from it each year. Thanks for all your efforts, Sal and all the team. :clap:

..no, that is weird. I think Invision's subscription module definitely needs an overhaul! I'll add you the extra days on (and if I spot anyone else's like that, I'll adjust those too).

And thank you - I'm glad you enjoy the site so much...it definitely wouldn't be what it is without you guys logging in and posting every day. :)

Barney - thanks ever so. :)

... I ... introduced subs after some encouragement from other people.

I am amazed by the small size of the range of subscriptions on offer. The most expensive subscription is GBP6.50, which will just about buy one non-alcoholic cocktail in this month's favourite watering hole near my office in Canary Wharf. Other sites that I am a member of (no names, ...) let people donate much more.

I would like to suggest the following "enhancement" to the range:

• A pair of subscriptions costing GBP12.50, which are otherwise identical to the GBP6.50 subscriptions.
  • A pair of subscriptions costing GBP25, which are otherwise identical to the GBP6.50 subscriptions.
  • A pair of subscriptions costing GBP50, which are otherwise identical to the GBP6.50 subscriptions.

The idea of making these subscriptions identical to the existing highest-value subscription is that the extra cash becomes an "anonymous donation", so nobody will be embarrassed by things appearing saying "Look at me, ain't I great, I donated a hundred quid this year".

You might not get any takers for these levels of subscription, in which case you haven't lost anything, but then again you just might, which must be a good thing.

• 4 weeks later...
I am amazed by the small size of the range of subscriptions on offer. The most expensive subscription is GBP6.50, which will just about buy one non-alcoholic cocktail in this month's favourite watering hole near my office in Canary Wharf. Other sites that I am a member of (no names, ...) let people donate much more.

:shrug: The sub is £6.50, but there's nothing to stop people donating more if they feel like it / can afford it, is there?

LOL at putting the board above food - well, not laughing at the situation in, but you know what I mean...! Feel like I'm running a Tesco voucher outreach programme: but glad they were of a bit of help! ;)

I need to renew mine, but will have to wait for Sal to be around because the software always de-staffs me!

• Management

Thanks Claire. :)

Yeah, the staff thing is annoying. I was saying earlier that I think the board doesn't like me accepting money from people because it seems to do as much as it can to impede the flow!

Barney is right, btw - if people do wish to donate more than the subscription price, then yeah, you can definitely do so. With Paypal, you can either subscribe through the board and then send me an additional amount separately to my e-mail address (salsk1@gmail.com) or you can PM me to do your subscription manually and ignore the board entirely and send the money straight to my e-mail address.

However, it isn't at all expected! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...