NeighboursFans needs your help ×

Changes to Subscription Packages

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Management
Just renewed my subscription and noticed that it's now three years since they became an option. I really can't believe it was May 2006 , seems like yesterday.

Well worth £6.50pa though.

Thanks ever so much for your support. :) It's quite odd - I remember setting it all up quite vividly - like you say, as if it were yesterday - but at the same time, my first year at uni seems like forever ago!

I can't remember when my subscription is due, but having read the posts above I assume I'll get an email telling me when I need to pay up. Is that correct?

It should've done - but I've just pulled the log up, and it says that your subscription expired on the 6th May. It tallies with what's in my Paypal transaction log, as you sent funds through the board to me on the 7th May 2008....but quite why the board hasn't e-mailed you, I don't know. Invision's subscription model is about as reliable as a chocolate teapot! :???:

Just renewed my subscription and noticed that it's now three years since they became an option. I really can't believe it was May 2006 , seems like yesterday.

Well worth £6.50pa though.

Thanks ever so much for your support. :) It's quite odd - I remember setting it all up quite vividly - like you say, as if it were yesterday - but at the same time, my first year at uni seems like forever ago!

Hey you certainly don't need to thank me, I should be thanking you. Since 2003 when I joined the old Erinsborough.com I've spent many many hours on this board and had a great time.

A few quid is well worth it to be a part of a great community. Thanks for providing this place for us and thanks for funding it by yourself for far longer than you should have.

I did get the auto e-mail btw. It arrived yesterday morning.

I can't remember when my subscription is due, but having read the posts above I assume I'll get an email telling me when I need to pay up. Is that correct?

It should've done - but I've just pulled the log up, and it says that your subscription expired on the 6th May. It tallies with what's in my Paypal transaction log, as you sent funds through the board to me on the 7th May 2008....but quite why the board hasn't e-mailed you, I don't know. Invision's subscription model is about as reliable as a chocolate teapot! :???:

So remind me - hard of understanding - how do I go about paying my subs?

• Management
So remind me - hard of understanding - how do I go about paying my subs?

The sub manager is in My Controls. On the menu on the left hand side it goes: Messenger, Subscriptions, Personal Profile, Options - and it's the first link under Options (Purchase Paid Subscriptions).

I think this link should work: http://www.neighboursfans.com/forum/index....&CODE=index - and then you can select from there.

Invision's subscription module is very counter intuitive on many levels. It's a bind to use!

Alternatively, you can send funds via Paypal straight to me (sal _ oasis @ lineone . net - taking out all of the spaces!) and I'll manually put the transaction into place. If anyone wishes to do it that way, and is buying the Premium membership, if you could let me know if you want the badge or not, that would be really helpful. :)

And thanks again, Tracy. :) I don't want to turn this board into an Oscar speech session but I am very aware that this place is a success because of the people who post here, so I am always appreciative of everyone's input - whether they help financially or help with the site or simply post and be a part of the community. Or all three, in some cases! :)

• 5 weeks later...

Don't think that I have forgotten about subscribing, I feel like such a leech not doing so, but didn't have paypal, I got a paypal account yesterday, and just tried to pay subs here, but now it says that I can't used Paypal unless I give them my bank details? :unsure:

Should this be the case? I paid for something from ebay yesterday just using my debit card details.

TIA :)

• Management

You can e-mail payments using Paypal but if you can't, maybe it's because your Paypal account is new - it's been about 6 years since I set mine up, so I can't remember quite what the restrictions are.

But yeah, speak to OH and I'm sure he'll be able to take a look at it for you. :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I have just renewed my subscription and although the status has updated in the subscription management section I am still listed as a contributor and the subscription details on the front page haven't updated.

I think the changes were effective straight away the last time I updated but just thought I ought to flag it up.

• Management

Sorry, I'm a bit tired and I don't think I'm reading your post right.

From what I can see at my end, your sub package is active and runs through for another year (until 2011). Is it not showing the same for you?

With the usergroup, it should be enforcing the right package now and maintaining other rights (so if you're a subscriber and a contributor, it should keep those rights for you). Or has it not given you the subscriber rights but kept you just as a contributor?

Sorry for the problems. :( I really appreciate you subscribing and helping the board - especially as I know you're nearly always the first person to renew their subscription, and that means you get hit by these quirks more often than anyone!

I have checked my permissions and I still have upto 60 personal messages, change of name facility and can start a poll so it looks as if I can still do everything Premium subscribers can do.

The display group still shows contributor though, not Premium Subscribers (NB).

I used to be a contributor but then became a past contributor so I lost the contributor forum. This forum has now reappeared.

Now I know I still have the "perks" I'm not bothered about the group being updated. Initially I thought the board hadn't implemented the change.

Thanks to both of you for looking into this for me, it's appreciated.

£6.50pa is still great value for money BTW.

eta..The front page has now updated with my subscription details.

Still a contributor though.

Edited by Tracy F
  • Management

Thanks Tracy - that makes sense...I was thinking about it earlier on today and it suddenly clicked in my head what you were saying last night (I really wasn't with it!).

I will take a look at the usergroup settings and investigate - the most logical explanation would be there being something wrong with the coding which prevents the contributors from being thrown out if they subscribe...perhaps it's adding people in as well, when it shouldn't do. I will have a good scan.

Thanks for drawing it to our attention - I do appreciate it because it means I'm aware of it and hopefully can find a fix! :)