NeighboursFans needs your help ×

Carly

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and you know when I posted my second batch of cute Carmella and Oliver avies? when people post their second batch or 3rd or just more than one, do they still get an e-mail back? Or do that avies just go up?

If you haven't got a message back and the avatars are nowhere to be found in the galleries it's usually a sign that they haven't been uploaded yet. Once they go up, most of the time you do get a message. Like I said earlier in this thread, we don't always check the inbox every day (we do have lives outside of the board), but next time we check it they'll go up and you'll get a message.

• 2 weeks later...
it depends. Like Elin said, she checks it about twice a week

Actually, some weeks it's more like every day. It all depends on how busy I (and others) are with work and other real life stuff. This week most avatars submitted that meet the criteria we've set up have been uploaded within 24-48 hours of us receiving them. :)

Edited by Elin

Everyone who sent in avatars in the past few days should now have received messages that your avatars have been uploaded.

Just a bit of a reminder about a couple of things:

• Please read and follow the instructions of the first post in this thread before you send your avatars in. Lately there have been several people that have forgotten to check how to label the avatars correctly, submitted avatars have been above the size limit and with UK spoilers. By following the instructions before submitting you make things a lot easier for the uploaders and your avatars will go up more quickly.
  • If you're sending in 10 or so avatars in the one go, please just attach them to your message rather than sending them in a zip file. It makes things a lot easier and quicker to upload.

Thanks. :)

Edited by Elin
  • 1 month later...

I just wanted to post to say that all avatars sent in over the past week have now been uploaded. :) There was a bit of a backlog as I've had some computer issues and RL getting in the way recently. But from now on I should be back to checking the inbox most days again.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while since sent-in avatars have been uploaded as I have been away on holiday for two weeks, but now they should all be up. :)

I just want to remind everyone that sends in again to please follow the instructions in this thread before sending. Most people who sent in this time had forgotten something or other, but if you refer back to this thread to check that you've done it all then it makes things a lot easier to upload and they will go up more quickly too.

Here's a refresher of the list of things to keep in mind when it comes to avatars that you want uploaded:

• Avatars must be 20kb or under and should be 100x100 pixels in size.
  • Avatars can only be made from screencaps or photos you have taken yourself (e.g. pics from a Neighbours Quiz Night etc). No avatars made from magazine/official pics will be uploaded. If we're in doubt whether or not it's an official pic we might ask you for clarification of whether or not it's a screencap.
  • No avatars made from screencaps of episodes that haven't aired in the UK will be uploaded until they're no longer spoilery. You may want to wait until an episode has aired in the UK before you send them in for this reason.
  • Please label avatars before sending them in. The correct way to do this is to name them e.g. Lyn Scully04 or HoylandCharlie12 for a single character, or in alphabetical order for multiple characters e.g. AnneJanelle01 or HaroldLouValda23. In certain cases this system doesn't work such as for this avatar which is called 'Cassie'sFuneral01'. If you have an avatar that you would like to see uploaded, but don't know what to call it please post in this thread and we'll help you name it. :)
  • Please check in the avatar folders to see what the number for your avatar will be. Keep in mind whether or not your avatar should go up in the unenhanced folder or the enhanced folder as the numbers will be different. Unenhanced avatars are those that only have different colouring to the original image.Enhanced avatars are those with text, brushes and other additions included as well as all black-and-white avatars.

Examples of unenhanced avatars: #1, #2, #3.
    Examples of enhanced avatars: #1, #2, #3.

And just a few tips for how to make it as easy for everyone as possible when you send them in:

• Email avatars to: neighboursfans@gmail.com
  • When you send in the avatars please don't just send a list of the avatars you want uploaded. That means we have to go hunting around the board to find them and takes ages. Instead, please attach them one by one to the e-mail message (no zip files, thanks!). It's fine to send up to 15 avatars in the one message.
  • Please don't send in too many avatars of the same character/pairing/group within a short time span. It's one thing if you send in say five of a character that has no avatars up in the galleries yet, but then don't send another batch of ten in the next week of the same character/pairing/group.

Once your avatar(s) has been uploaded you'll find it in the appropriate folder in the galleries. Most of the time you'll get an e-mail back (usually from me) to say that the upload is completed. If you've forgotten one of the directions above you'll get an e-mail to say so with an explanation of what you need to do before you re-submit the icon for uploading, e.g. re-size it from 25kb to 20kb or less.

If anyone's got any questions or problems regarding this, don't be afraid to ask us about it. We're all very friendly people. :)

Edited by Elin
  • 1 month later...

I just wanted to let those who have sent in avatars over the past two and a half weeks know that your avatars haven't been forgotten. It's just that I've had to be offline for a couple of weeks due to health issues so have only just been able to come back online. I'll upload and get back to you as I can over the next few days (hopefully). :)

I just submitted one avatar in for donation and was quite confused with the others-enhanced and others? What's the difference?

For concrete examples to tell apart enhanced and non-enhanced avatars have a look at this post four posts earlier in this thread. :)