NeighboursFans needs your help ×

A thank you

Hawker

• Management

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's participated in the Current Affairs forum we have as a part of General Chat.

We added the forum just over a year ago, albeit with a little trepidation. We'd been asked about creating it several times, and we ourselves thought it'd be a great idea, but whenever big issues have been debated in the past (talking a few years ago) we've either been beseiged by members recruited off other boards to champion their cause or a differing opinion has resulted in a slanging match/bad feeling between two members.

We've recently opened up the Current Affairs forum to all members now (it used to be a 100 posts/subscriber perk) and it just occurred to me that it's been running a really long time without any major issues and the things we were slightly concerned about haven't come to fruition at all.

So thanks guys - I'm really pleased it's worked out; I think it's a great part of the board. :)

It certainly gets the brain working. :)

As much as it is entertaining to talk about Neighbours or waffle on in General Chat, the CA forum provokes more thought and intelligent conversation, so thanks Sal. :)

No, thank you Sal, It's been a brilliant addition to the forum and I really thank you for it. I think I speak for everyone when I say we all appreciate it. :)

You sure do Andrew. It adds a little mental stimulus to life and it is always good to hear other views and opinions on matters.