We're back...all upgraded and shiny

Hawker

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your hard work, Sal. I've only viewed the banner and it's slick, but why is it grungy dark grey when Neighbours is all about sunlight and bright colours? The font is elegant but should relate another sort of show; it doesn't conjure up Neighbours. We shouldn't have to think to get the house numbers either.

Sorry to be negative because I do appreciate all you've done for the board over the years I've been here.

Maybe because Sal only backed up and upgraded yesterday, and was just getting us back online. Maybe she hasn't had time to plan the last two days of her life around getting it exactly the way it should be, yet. Maybe with everything that needs to be done on this board on a daily basis the banner wasn't her priority.

Maybe she was just trying to get something up so that we could use it and spend our time on it.

And maybe she likes it and wants to keep it seeing as, you know, it's her board. ;)

Edited by KiKi
Thanks for your hard work, Sal. I've only viewed the banner and it's slick, but why is it grungy dark grey when Neighbours is all about sunlight and bright colours? The font is elegant but should relate another sort of show; it doesn't conjure up Neighbours. We shouldn't have to think to get the house numbers either.

Sorry to be negative because I do appreciate all you've done for the board over the years I've been here.

I like it. It's simple, stylish. A return to basics. No flashy graphics, no ram-it-down-your throat ideas. Tells you what you need to know and that's it. The blackboard and chalk is school day memories - real school day memories when you had fun and friends and it wasn't complicated by all the "adult" dramas that followed.

Somewhat fitting I think.

Have noticed the number on the new posts - thanks Sal. Got into the (bad?) habit of refreshing the board to see if there were new posts instead of clicking on the link.

• Management

Sorry I haven't responded personally to everyone - thanks to you all for your kind comments. :)

I think the board 'feels' more mature now.

Sal, when you're doing the new banner, any chance of using a Brushstroke logo?

I can't believe it's gone

I think I can accommodate one for you!

Looks great Sal - even on my rubbish resolution that I can't change!

Is it possible to have a skin of how it is now for us high-res users? :unsure:

As in a fuller width?

Nah, seriously, loving the new sophisticated look but I sure do miss the quotes thing that used to be on the board (up top) a couple of years back.

I will keep looking into getting that to return - I still have all of the old quotes to hand. Will keep an eye on it. :)

Bit of a random question Sal - you installed a hack that replaced the "View new posts" line with the number of new posts... any chance of getting that back?

As you've since noted - all done! :)

Am intrigued by the 'Top posters per day' There are people in the top ten who haven't even posted today. :huh: Am presuming th stats must refer to something else. :unsure:

Nice too see the list of who has been online back though.

Yep, a little different. Basically, we now have 3 top 20 stats.

Today's Top 20 - quite simply the top 20 posters within the last 24 hours.

Overall Top 20 - the highest post counts on the board

Top Posters Per Day - this is your post count divided by how many days you've been on the board. So, although I look as if I have a high post count, the board takes into account the fact that I've been on here for 7 years...so my average posts per day are lower than someone who joins tomorrow and posts 20 posts per day. :)

A really simple answer - the new version of Invision comes with a radically different skin, which is a lot darker. Before I went to bed last night, I thought I'd best replace the default Invision banner with one which stated our site name...and I kept it the same colour so that it worked with the skin - just as in the past, all of the early banners have always been the same blue-ish colour. :)

But yep, no worries, I knew it wouldn't be to all tastes - it takes some getting used to too! I do intend to add more skins in the future and some of those should reflect the warmer side of the show. :)

A couple more things have been added - there's a return for the 'Who's Been Online Today' faeture, which is at the bottom of the board and tells us how many people have been on, and who they are.

You can also view the categories of members by clicking on the legends at the foot of the board.

For those members with a badge (such as Staff, Management, Contributors, Subscribers with the badge etc), you can now see your posting pips as well as your badge...the badge doesn't cover them as it did previously.

I've also reinstated the red text which appears in the top right hand corner when you get a new message in your inbox.

....I think that's everything so far. There's still some changes to come. As ever, comments, ideas and suggestions always welcome - and I'm glad that so many of you are liking it so far. :)

Sorry I haven't responded personally to everyone - thanks to you all for your kind comments. :)

I think the board 'feels' more mature now.

Sal, when you're doing the new banner, any chance of using a Brushstroke logo?

I can't believe it's gone

I think I can accommodate one for you!

Oh I'm so happy, it's wrong! :D Thanks :hug:

• Management
But yep, no worries, I knew it wouldn't be to all tastes - it takes some getting used to too! I do intend to add more skins in the future and some of those should reflect the warmer side of the show. :)
am I the only one that doesnt like it? Is there anyway to have the old skin in the skin selector as well as this new one