NeighboursFans needs your help ×

Getting back to 'normal' after Pirate Fun!

Bagpuss

• Management

Hi guys

I hope everyone enjoyed 'Talk Like A Pirate' day!

I've changed the vocabulary back to normal now - If you notice anything I've missed, please post a reply in this thread.

If you are a Premium Subscriber and your name was changed - either by me or by yourself - could you please change it back, if you wish.

I changed quite a few usernames to pirate names. To try to keep it fair, I waited until someone said "I wish I could change my username to xxxxxx" or "I'd like a pirate name" and then changed them. Apologies if I missed anyone who requested it.

I can't remember who had what name before, so in order for your name to be changed back, please either post in this thread (Pirate name now / username I was before -or would like now).

The member ranks will have to remain for the time being, as Sal deals with these and I can't find a list of what they were before!

Similarly, the smilies will have to remain for the time being.

We hope to be back to some sort of normality by the weekend. Thanks for your patience and we hope you had fun!

Arrrr! :lol:

It was a brilliant idea and it was great to have the chance to share in the fun of it all. There's something incredibly special about this board, and things like that just help to prove it even more.

To the guys who were involved with the various changes, a big thank you. I'd send you a hug, but I can't at the mo :)

(I added something to my signature yesterday and it translated the whole thing into pirate speak. I have to admit, I quite liked the idea of Max talking like a pirate, but I have changed it back now!)

Edited by Rosa
  • Management
(I added something to my signature yesterday and it translated the whole thing into pirate speak. I have to admit, I quite liked the idea of Max talking like a pirate, but I have changed it back now!)

I notice that - it made me chuckle!

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Anwen and Gemma - you are now back to normal.

Whatever that is! ;)

• Management
I'm going to sound really annoying here, but would it be possible for me to get my capital F back?

Please!

Done. Sorry - my mistake - I did the same to Jamie too. I'd normally give people capital letters as standard because I think it looks neater, but I did so many that day that a few obviously slipped through.

Some people actually request lower case letters at the start of their usernames.

• 3 weeks later...