NeighboursFans needs your help ×

Time Changes

Hawker

• Management

If you're a UKer, you'll probably be aware that we're moving from GMT to BST shortly (wahoo!). Our Australian members don't change yet (I think it's next week for you guys, although I'm sure someone will be able to correct me if I'm wrong).

Regardless of your location, you can ensure that the board displays the correct time for you by making sure that you have auto-correction in place.

To put auto-correction on (or to see if it's active), go to:

> My Controls

> Board Settings (underneath Options on the left hand side)

At the top it says:

Your base time zone The time (including your current adjustment) is:

and underneath that, it says:

DST Correction - check the box here.

With this active, the board will make sure that your timezones are always correct and you never have to update it again! Marvellous!

Time changes in South Australia have been on the same date as Europe for the past few years at least, but according to the ABC this year Western Australia changes today and the other states not until April 6th. Depending on what state you live in you may not change at all though as usual. :)

Queensland doesn't get any time changes at all do they?

Not as far as I'm aware. :)

Something which always confuses my mother and her sister, who lives in Noosa. It's guaranteed that at one or other UK time-change one of them will phone and wake the other up because they've forgotten about the time-change or got muddled up about which time the clocks have gone :D

<-- is going slightly mad

My phone updated itself this morning, the computer I'm on right now says that it's 1254...

Why have they randomly added on the extra week?

ETA: Right, told my phone I'm in the Solomon Islands and now my corresponding world times are correct... :lol:

Edited by Melpomene
My phone changed this morning and it's set to EST. I thought it was the last Sunday in March here too...

<Fogged brain> Yesterday was the last Sunday in March and the clocks changed in the early hours (can't remember if it's 1 or 2 am) yesterday morning

Oh I love confuzzling people! Am currently in Melbourne which is technically AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time). In just about every other year prior to this, on the day the UK change, so do the Eastern states (VIC, NSW & SA). Tasmania is weird and awkward but as they're an island we can ignore them*.

My phone recognised it was change time and knocked an hour off - changing from AEST DST to normal AEST. Only the Victorian government has decided to confuse my poor Nokia and stay on DST for another week. My poor phone is so confuzzled that it might explain why it keeps dropping off the network mid-excited call to friends... :lol:

Oh well. Come Sunday all will be right with the world!

* sorry to any Tasmanians, I love your beautiful little state. Had a fantastic week there. Don't hurt me.

Bwah! I'm second generational Irish. My mother is Irish and through her and my maternal grandfather I am eligible for Irish nationality and passport. So technically, I'm not a Brit. Despite having lived my whole life in the country (thus far).

But that's somewhat OT... :lol: