NeighboursFans needs your help ×

Board Upgraded

Hawker

I've spotted the Inside link!

Que?

I think the "Welcome back Sophie" thing looks different but I'm not sure ... *keeps eyes peeled for changes*

+1 to Sophie!

Lucky you, Soapie - I spotted it hours ago and I didn't get +1! :wibbly:

Aw, bless you Janetor, have a gold star ;)

There's a 'stats' section on the profiles. I find that quite fascinating acutally!!

OMG - mine are really rather embarrassing actually. :o

Ooh I hadn't seen that! I didn't realise how little I actually posted about Neighbours here :lol:

ETA: I'm sure I've never posted at 5am!

Edited by Sophie
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's about how many of your posts are still present on the board. For someone like me who joined back in the days of e.com, a lot of my posts will have been lost when the board crashed and nf.com started, so although my post count reflects them, they no longer exist.

My assumption (although I may be totally wrong) was that 'real' posts are ones made in the main Neighbours section of the board - as opposed to the off-topic section? Maybe? I'm not sure though - just a guess!

ETA: That can't be it - mine is far too high for that!

The Welcome Back KiKi thing - names are now italicised and in colour. I noticed it ages ago and failed to mention it. Rats.

Well, not actually ages, that would be an incredibly long time, and the upgrade is only days old. But even without the hyperbole, I did notice it.

• Management
I've spotted the Inside link!

That was well spotted - especially as I'd only done it at about 9pm! +1 to Colin!

There's a 'stats' section on the profiles. I find that quite fascinating acutally!!

I'm not 100% sure what total Posts (the real number of posts) means when I have more than it says according to my profile - but no doubt all will be revealed.

+1 to Chloe! That's what I was referring to earlier </cryptic> when I said something wasn't quite working properly. The board is on a different server and the time offset isn't quite working properly, so the stats are 5 hours off. But when it works, it will be interesting!

Not sure about this, but have we always been thanked for sending a PM?

+2 to Chloe. Well, maybe +1/2 - it thanks you personally now, instead of just thanking you...same for search features, mod features etc. The board has learnt some manners. ;)

I think it's about how many of your posts are still present on the board. For someone like me who joined back in the days of e.com, a lot of my posts will have been lost when the board crashed and nf.com started, so although my post count reflects them, they no longer exist.

Yeah - pretty spot on. :)

The Welcome Back KiKi thing - names are now italicised and in colour. I noticed it ages ago and failed to mention it. Rats.

Well, not actually ages, that would be an incredibly long time, and the upgrade is only days old. But even without the hyperbole, I did notice it.

I did it at 6pm this evening. But well done for noticing! :)

Is the iQuotes button going to be added again? It's been mentioned before of it's disappearance but I didn't see a reply to it. I'm assuming that it was removed when the board was upgraded (as you said Sal that the mods get removed when it's upgraded) but just wondering if it'll be returned.

And at a stab at trying to find the improvements, has the About Me tab on your own profile always had your signature in that? I like the stats tab as well.

Edited by swanny16
  • Management
Is the iQuotes button going to be added again? It's been mentioned before of it's disappearance but I didn't see a reply to it. I'm assuming that it was removed when the board was upgraded (as you said Sal that the mods get removed when it's upgraded) but just wondering if it'll be returned.

Cheers for the reminder - I've put it back now. :)

And at a stab at trying to find the improvements, has the About Me tab on your own profile always had your signature in that? I like the stats tab as well.

No, you're right - that's new too!

• Management

It took a couple of hours the other day to do most of the big changes (which is when we went offline) and then I've been doing little bits on and off for the past couple of days.

It's taken about 30 hours total to upgrade neighboursepisodes.com. Muchos changes there too if anyone wants to continue the "spot the change" game!

Sal and I have been spouting code at each other for the last week or so :lol: Still a fair few bits to do over there.

Wow total overhaul on NeighboursEpisodes, well done on that.

Is the special episodes section complete yet? Cos the lists for a few of the years look kind of short (most notably 2006-2007 and no 2008 yet).

Edited by swanny16
It's taken about 30 hours total to upgrade neighboursepisodes.com. Muchos changes there too if anyone wants to continue the "spot the change" game!

Sal and I have been spouting code at each other for the last week or so :lol: Still a fair few bits to do over there.

I noticed this the other day! It looks very snazzy (not that the board doesn't either...) The whole thing looks absolutely amazing - you and Sal continually seem to improve things that I think are top notch and brilliant as it is.

Think you've both earned several drinks. ;)

ETA:

~ screencaps to the right of the summary

~ front page massively overhauled; years at the top, highlights & celebrities as a sub line to that

~ names / people listed under screencaps (although not technically new as that was on the old design too towards the end)

Edited by Melpomene

There is a tally too, how many eps per year have been summarised and screencapped from the total for that year. Also got the 'Neighbours' logo from the credits in the corner too. The whole thing looks fantastic! :)

Are there going to be any more highlights added to 2007? 2005/6 has a much longer list and 2007 was obviously a massive improvement in most areas compared to the previous two. :)