NeighboursFans needs your help ×

Board Upgraded

Hawker

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow total overhaul on NeighboursEpisodes, well done on that.

Is the special episodes section complete yet? Cos the lists for a few of the years look kind of short (most notably 2006-2007 and no 2008 yet).

Yes, I think there was a thread on the board once to decide the highlights, but I can't have got round to adding them to that section. If anyone would like to put together a list of events for 2006/7 and tell me what the episode numbers are, I'll add em in. Maybe the old thread is knocking around Australian Neighbours Chat somewhere to help? :)

~ names / people listed under screencaps (although not technically new as that was on the old design too towards the end)

This was a *massive* project that had most of the Contributors/Staff/others on it. It was completed about 2 weeks ago and involved tagging 21,000 caps. There must have been about 4-500 hours spent on it between everyone. We even got told off by the host for using too much bandwidth. Oops! :lol:

~ names / people listed under screencaps (although not technically new as that was on the old design too towards the end)

This was a *massive* project that had most of the Contributors/Staff/others on it. It was completed about 2 weeks ago and involved tagging 21,000 caps. There must have been about 4-500 hours spent on it between everyone. We even got told off by the host for using too much bandwidth. Oops! :lol:

:lol:

I can imagine! If it were me there would have been a few points where I'd have been seriously tempted to go "oh just ... it!"

So thank you for not doing so, because when I go back and read some old summaries I'll actually know who's who!

• Management

*makes mental note not to ask Jen to assist with the next batch of tagging*

That was a fun task, although wearing. I'd suddenly lose 4 hours of my day (no exaggeration) and think, "My god, I've done nothing for 4 hours except label Neighbours pictures." Oh dear. ...and I know it was the same for everyone else involved!

Although I think some of the offshoots of that will be one of the most popular features on this site. :noes:

• Management
Well if no one else is bored enough to do it I can do the highlights list for 2006-2008. (I'll most likely be up all night anyway) Offer's there :)

If you wouldn't mind, that would be fantastic - thanks heaps. :)

I think the fact that I still haven't got around to starting the 1995 summaries (I don't know; work, travel, stupid thing called a life...) probably speaks to my ability to tag! :lol: I can imagine how time consuming it was - so many pictures, so many people... Must have been a bit of a thrill when you found one that had no one in - a shot of a book, document, pregnancy test, whatever...!

*makes mental note not to ask Jen to assist with the next batch of tagging*

That was a fun task, although wearing. I'd suddenly lose 4 hours of my day (no exaggeration) and think, "My god, I've done nothing for 4 hours except label Neighbours pictures." Oh dear. ...and I know it was the same for everyone else involved!

Yes, it was soooooo addictive.

Must have been a bit of a thrill when you found one that had no one in - a shot of a book, document, pregnancy test, whatever...!

Big thrill, yes. :lol: They were all tagged as the well known character "Misc"!

It took a couple of hours the other day to do most of the big changes (which is when we went offline) and then I've been doing little bits on and off for the past couple of days.

Thank you for all the hard work! :)

Picture tagging became quite therapuetic in a way. Quite way I spent my breaks from revising tagging screencaps I will never know :lol:

Gaynor, what is the standard size of screencaps and I will get to sorting out all those 2007 ones I already have sitting on my computer for you guys.

Major events in 2007? Is Stingrays death the only currently on there? Major ones would obviously be the revamp (Frosie Wedding), Hit and Run, Roof Collapse. What about stuff like Frazer's accident, Gail's return, Izzy's return the Kusan Wedding, the exits of people like the Timmins, Sky & Boyd.

• Management

I don't know if you've got something to do it for you already but I use a programme called Irfanview - you can set it to automatically resize and rename multiple files (you can choose them individually or select an entire folder).

Don't know if that helps at all. :)