NeighboursFans needs your help ×

Board Upgraded

Hawker

While we are on the subject of the board, shouldn't the very first page be updated, as it is just a tad out-of-date?

NeighboursFans.com is launching soon.
Well, it must have launched because that is on the page http://www.neighboursfans.com/ I.e. the NeighboursFans.com home page.

Don't forget that Neighbours moves to Channel Five on Monday 11th February.
If you have forgotten and are in the UK, how are you getting your daily Neighbours fix (no, don't answer that question)?

If it's a matter of people finding the time, I know someone who can help.

Edited by JaneS
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Management
While we are on the subject of the board, shouldn't the very first page be updated, as it is just a tad out-of-date?

Yep, definitely - it is out of date. The problem with it is that when I have found time to work on the site (the great irony being that I dedicated SO much time to this site between 2000-2005, it was ridiculous, but when I took ownership of it in 2005-present, I've had absolutely zero time!), I've been stuck with what to do with it, never end up very convinced by the idea that I'm working on, dump it and start over again.

In hindsight, I'd probably have put the forum on the main page, instead of it being neighboursfans.com/forum, and given up on the idea of a main site ...it's just one of those things. Anyone who knew me in the days of old will probably remember how much work I used to put in, and so the idea of there not being an accompanying site to the forum would just be inconceivable back then. Life, uni and work just got in the way....I've had rather a strange and disrupted 3 years, typically!

NeighboursFans.com is launching soon.
Well, it must have launched because that is on the page http://www.neighboursfans.com/ I.e. the NeighboursFans.com home page.

...and not really, re: the launch mention - it's definitely recognisable as merely a holding page, as opposed to a fully fledged site, which is what I meant. :)

Similarly, the Channel Five comments were written the week or so before the show moved, so it was more an 'of the time' thing. It definitely needs to be updated, but from February-May, I was in the last throes of my final year at uni so my mind wasn't really on it.

Having said that, the board always takes priority - which is some of the trouble. Whatever time I do get, board problems always have to come first, which somewhat chips away at my time. However, the board is my favourite thing in the world...so although extra bits and pieces are fantastic, as long as the board is ok, I'm happy. :D

If people have ideas/opinions etc for the main site, feel free to shoot them at me. Maybe you'll get me over my creative block!

I think we should have lots of sections in the main site devoted to Neighbours slash shipping.

You should make me creative director of the main site, I'd make it fabulous! I'm not sure it would be very accurate, but it would be fun!

Okay, so I have nothing sensible to say. I'm going away again.

That was one of my more sensible ideas, but I didn't bother posting it! I was thinking perhaps the fans of each character and actor could do a bio for each one. It wouldn't take that much time then, if people who know a lot about a person pitched in.

I'm not quite sure how you could deal with the bloodshed and violence that will surround choosing who gets to do popular people like Susan though ;)