Board Changes

Hawker

• Management

I don't know, to be honest.

The changes I was making in September are the ones that I put on hold when Invision announced their new forum release...but that's been put back and put back, so we're still without the new software and I've not finished what I'd started last year (there's no real point to doing it now without the software release - which *should* be fairly soon).

...but whilst I was intending to bring RLN back, I'm not entirely sure if it's still relevant to the board. I wasn't entirely happy with its function (which is why it was knocked off), and I'm not convinced that it's been sorely missed. So yeah, I'm not too sure, really. :???:

I would say the RLN did it's job, but I think without it, it means the N Chat section gets a lot of "non-Neighbours related" threads going in there, like the stuff about Ben Lawson's new show. What exactly did you want the section to do Sal? (you mentioned you wanted to improve it a while ago)

• Management

I think the problem stems from the fact that whilst we have Neighbours stars doing external stuff now, it's not as constant as it was back when we introduced that forum. Lots of cast members were in bands, or were juggling other things in their lives and there was a lot to report on.

In recent times, that hasn't really been the case and I think other areas of the board suffice. There was also quite a bit of cross-posting going on (so to make sure that regulars of say, the Steph and Max thread knew that Stephen was appearing somewhere, the news would be posted in there anyway) - which is understandable, but not that conducive to keeping discussion together.

I think at one stage, I was debating evolving Character Discussion into a merge between the two forums.

I quite miss the RLN section. I only really contributed to the Delta thread but used it to check up on others quite often, especially Nat Bass and Kylie. But I suppose Delta is one of few former cast members who don't really have other places on the board for updates (nobody wants to discuss Nina ;)).

Overall I'd be pleased to see it return, but as many of the cast members have individual fansites, it's not like we're missing out on info if we really want to find it.

• Management

Is there any sort of news on Delta that needs an outlet other than the Heads Up thread in Neighbours Chat (which is where the majority of news on ex-cast members goes)?

I mean, I can't recall there being any news posted in there about Delta, so does she require a different thread? I don't mind there being a thread in Neighbours Chat for news items - it's like the Ben Lawson one that's up at the moment...that sort of thing is cool by me. :)

I thought RLN would be a big miss after it went but as time has passed I have changed my mind about it. Like you say, Sal, there is the Heads Up Thread or the one about Ben's new show and they more than fill the void imho.

I much prefer the stuff in the Heads Up thread - I never used to venture into RLN cos there was too much to keep up with. With heads up it's all there at a glance :)

I suppose if there was a *lot* of discussion in Heads Up thread we could consider reinstating RLN, but as Sal says, there doesn't seem to be at present.

• 3 weeks later...
Is there any sort of news on Delta that needs an outlet other than the Heads Up thread in Neighbours Chat (which is where the majority of news on ex-cast members goes)?

I mean, I can't recall there being any news posted in there about Delta, so does she require a different thread? I don't mind there being a thread in Neighbours Chat for news items - it's like the Ben Lawson one that's up at the moment...that sort of thing is cool by me. :)

I'd forgotten all about this thread so this is a very late reply from me. :blushing:

I suppose it depends on what's considered newsworthy. She's always in the Aussie papers for one reason or another, but at the moment it's the kind of thing that I would have posted in the old Delta thread (personal life gossip, hints on the next album) but isn't important enough for the Heads Up thread because there's nothing concrete happening.

I suppose it would hinge on whether other fans are still keen to discuss her or whether I'd be talking to myself. :lol: