Linking policy

Hawker

• Management

Hey guys,

I want to draw your attention to this in our FAQ, as it's becoming increasingly clear that some of our members aren't aware of this policy and there's been some confusion as to what is and isn't allowed on here.

As many of you know, there is an issue between this website and another website. For the past 3 years, I have stated repeatedly that I do not wish to discuss the issue surrounding the other website and the situation that has subsequently arisen. This is predominantly because it's long, detailed and complicated and I do not wish to engage in the forum 'tit for tat' war of words that would inevitably ensue.

I am here, like the rest of you (hopefully!) to discuss Neighbours and to have fun - not to get embroiled in massive internet fights, as I believe they're a waste of time and energy.

However, I have been made aware that some factually inaccurate and potentially defamatory statements have been issued about us by the other site on the internet. Sadly, this is not the first time that this has occurred.

As a result, from this day forth, I request that nobody mention that site at all - not even in passing - on here. My board's name is being dragged through the mud yet again, which I believe is unfair, particularly as I personally keep well away from both their website and their forums. Additionally, I have refrained for many years from making any public comment about their website, their users or their actions towards my site, despite the many incidents that have occurred.

I sincerely hope that the people who use this site judge me by my actions on here, and how I've behaved over the past few years, and don't jump to inaccurate conclusions based on one version of events posted by a biased source.

I do apologise to my members for this situation. I am aware that it's ridiculous, and fortunately, it's not an issue that's ever arisen for me with any other website in my 8 year history of running these forums. Long may that continue.

Thanks for your understanding,

Sal