NeighboursFans needs your help ×

Spring forward!

Bagpuss

• Management

Just a reminder that the clocks go forward by an hour tonight in the UK.

I'm not sure whether any parts of Aus have time changes but hopefully someone antipodean can let us know. :)

If you have auto-correction in place, you won't need to go through these steps.

To put auto-correction on (or to see if it's active), go to:

> My Controls

> Board Settings (underneath Options on the left hand side)

At the top it says:

Your base time zone The time (including your current adjustment) is:

and underneath that, it says:

DST Correction - check the box here.

With this active, the board will make sure that your timezones are always correct and you never have to update it again! Marvellous!

• Management

Yeah, WA did...their daylight savings traditionally changes at the same time as the UKers on the last Sunday in March.

ACT, TAS, NSW, VIC and SA will change on the first Sunday in April - so next Sunday morning, going back an hour at 3am to 2am.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I read that they wanted to synchronise the states (excepting WA which is undergoing the trial, as well as NT & QLD who don't observe daylight savings) so that the start and end dates were the same. I know NSW has now started earlier and ended later, so my guess is they decided to have longer daylight savings for everybody.

Edited by mango
Hehe thank God I'm in QLD where we're different and we don't have to worry about all this time change nonsense!

You do if your company does business with people in other states that do observe daylight savings.

Are there some places near the border that can get TV from NSW as well as from QLD? That way they could watch Neighbours twice every day :whistling:

• 11 months later...
  • Management

The board should update automatically provided you have the correct settings selected.

Just in case...

If you have auto-correction in place, you won't need to go through these steps.

To put auto-correction on (or to see if it's active), go to:

My Settings (click your username in the top right corner to select it)

General Settings should already be selected. There are five options in the main window. You need to look at:

Time Zone The time (including your current adjustment) is:

and underneath that, it says:

DST Correction - tick the box here.

With this active, the board will make sure that your timezones are always correct and you never have to update it again! Marvellous!