IMPORTANT - upgrading information

Hawker

• Management

It's cool, mate - sometimes you have to suggest what seems like the obvious because the obvious can very often be neglected!

And no, no dunce's hats here - kudos for making a suggestion in the first place. :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case, should some people perhaps save the fics into documents if they can so they won't get lost on the board? This way they can be posted into the 'library' when you've or another member of staff has time. I know I can save some, it's no problem.

Me too, well, I've got mine anyway. I've also got some other people's stories, but I'd have to ask them first before I did anything with them. Just give me a yell if I can help.

C

Sorry Sal, I'm not as technical as what I should be but is this thread in relation to the new IPB 3 that was released a few weeks ago? Are you changing the forum to IPB 3, which will also change the look of this forum?

I'm not Sal but I'll take a stab and say yes that is what is happening. Sal has mentioned in the past that she's holding off any (major) forum changes until the new version of IPB is released, which apparently kept being held off. And now it is released so the upgrade is now being planned.

Sorry Sal, I'm not as technical as what I should be but is this thread in relation to the new IPB 3 that was released a few weeks ago? Are you changing the forum to IPB 3, which will also change the look of this forum?

I'm not Sal but I'll take a stab and say yes that is what is happening. Sal has mentioned in the past that she's holding off any (major) forum changes until the new version of IPB is released, which apparently kept being held off. And now it is released so the upgrade is now being planned.

Oh thanks Andrew! I signed up for the free 8 hour use of it yesterday and it is such an improvement on what we use now. Sounds good! :celebrate:

Yeah I had a look at the demo version of it (thanks to David, LOL) and I like the new changes. Obviously a lot of the changes are more behind the scenes, but there's some nice new stuff there. The new profile viewer is cool, reminds me a lot like Facebook with the "status update" feature. And only having your friends pop up in the list when you're mutual friends is good too. Can't remember anything else now though :p

• 1 month later...