UPGRADE - 16/09

Hawker

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm afraid the new look isn't really suiting me, though it's better than the green effort we had temporarily yesterday. It seems less distinct somehow than what we had before. I have it in my mind somewhere that you might be able to choose alternatives but don't know if that is possible here. I can see something about skins at the foot of the page but it's all in Russian if you click on the link! If it's one size fits all I expect I will get used to it. My whinges notwithstanding, it was obviously a herculean effort to make it happen, so well done to Sal. :bowdown:

• Management

If you want me to test it out on my iPod just give me a shout :).

Same here :)

Thanks guys; you're both stars. :)

Is anybody else having time issues?

I checked my profile and the time I've selected is correct. However, the time seems to be correct one minute and other times it's an hour fast. It switches between the two.

I've tried selecting the correct time again and saving, so I'll see if that stops the switching back and forth. Nope. That didn't work. It's back to an hour fast again.

In the pull down list, it's listing the Melbourne/Sydney time as an hour faster than it should be.

Thought I would just let you know.

adlerj was having time difficulties yesterday. I haven't seen anything odd with my own profile (and if it was server-wide, it would be affecting anyone) - but it could be server wide and I've just not picked up on it. ...usually, if we lose time, that's why. I'll take a look.

I'm afraid the new look isn't really suiting me, though it's better than the green effort we had temporarily yesterday. It seems less distinct somehow than what we had before. I have it in my mind somewhere that you might be able to choose alternatives but don't know if that is possible here. I can see something about skins at the foot of the page but it's all in Russian if you click on the link! If it's one size fits all I expect I will get used to it. My whinges notwithstanding, it was obviously a herculean effort to make it happen, so well done to Sal. :bowdown:

No worries - it's inevitable when we change over that some people will like, some people will be ambivalent and some people won't like. In the future, I'll see what I can do about getting some alternatives up. There's a community project going on with Invision to replicate the 2 series pro skin (we were using a modified version of that), so if that gets released, I'll chuck it on as an alternative. :)

The link at the bottom is a link to the designer's homepage (and they're Russian). When there's more than one skin active, there'll be a drop down box to choose from, but when that happens, I'll highlight it here so people know where it is.

Ummm...Sal, the Java plug ins fatal error message has started coming up again today. Any idea what could be causing this?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Java. Which browser are you using?

• Management

Just had a look on my iPod Touch and the Lo-Fi skin is fully active on it if users want to select that for a mobile device.

Awesome; cheers mate.

Glad you're liking the other skins - I think I'm sticking with blue for a bit now too!

I found the red set up very hard to read on my laptop screen yesterday (very little contrast between the different sections of the board) so it's nice to see the blue back. Cheers Sal.

ETA: I'm also having Time difficulties too. GMT with Auto Daylight Saving throws me an hour ahead, but if I go to GMT-1 with Auto Daylight Saving I end up an hour behind! The only way I've found to resolve it at the moment is to take off the Auto Daylight Saving Option and click the manual button instead (on GMT).

Edited by EmRed

Thanks, Sal for all that work. I'm liking the blue skin - suits me better than the red we had yesterday.

BTW: I'm not sure if it was just me, but I wanted to edit the thread title in last week's Drama and Turkey Awards and can't see how to do it. It gets changed through time from nominations to vote, to results, so it's helpful to be able to do it myself.