UPGRADE - 16/09

Hawker

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, Tracy. I tried that, but nothing happens when I click on 'Use full editor'. :(

Could you give this another go for me, and if it doesn't work, could you tell me which browser you're using?

Definitely no-go, Sal, and it doesn't work for any post, not only the thread header. I'm using IE7.

Edit to add: Having had a play, I've found that I can edit the thread header in the Lo-Fi version, which solves the problem for me, at least, till you have time to look at it.

Edited by Barney
  • Management

I've had a look and it's a reported error with the software. It's fine for Admins (which is why I've not noticed it) but other people will struggle.

I can't do anything but wait for 3.0.4 to be released, I'm afraid...but it should be within the next fortnight or so.

Am loving the green, my favourite colour (some of my colleagues at work stop and stare if I'm not wearing something green!LOL). Quick question, and am in no great hurry for an answer or any action to be taken - I was just wondering if the banner that announces the name of the site wazs going to stay just words, or whether we would be having words and pics back?

I also love my little yellow award thingummybob, looks like a little sunshine and makes me proud of all of my hard work in getting that one summary up. Doing just one nearly made me go nuts, and I have such admiration for those of you who have done the rest.

Edited by Dino Hoyland

I've had a look and it's a reported error with the software. It's fine for Admins (which is why I've not noticed it) but other people will struggle.

I can't do anything but wait for 3.0.4 to be released, I'm afraid...but it should be within the next fortnight or so.

Thanks, Sal. At least it can be done through the Lo-Fi version for now, so I won't need to bother anyone to do it for me. :)

Thanks, Sal. At least it can be done through the Lo-Fi version for now, so I won't need to bother anyone to do it for me. :)

You could always drop one of the staff members a quick PM too if you want Barney. :)

Thanks, Tracy. If the Lo-Fi lets me down, I'll let you know (as the staff member who posts there).

• Management

That setting has always been there I believe. But on the default number of posts per page setting the thread gets closed when it reaches page 50.

Yeah, Andrew's right - the option has been there for quite a while, but I (and I think most of the Staff) keep ours on the default settings so we'll close the threads at that point.

I think it's 15 replies per page is the default? So a thread should be closed between about 736 and 750 posts so you can keep an eye on it that way. :)

Had a slight panic this evening as I couldn't add the D & T Award polls (there's no option to edit in a poll in the ordinary editor). I went into the Lo-Fi, and still couldn't, but clicked to go back to the blue skin with the edit window open and it opened the full editor!

It might be worth flagging this up as a temporary fix, Sal?

I could be being totally dense here, but bear with me ;)

I can skip straight to my first unread post of a topic if I'm browsing the forum the topic is in...however, if I am accessing the "view new contents area" there doesn't seem to be the same button there. Am I being blind? Or even making sense?!

TIA

No you are not Alex. If you go to the RHS and click on the date/time of the last post, that takes you to the last post you read in that thread.

LHS and the little icon if you are in the normal thread view, date/time on the RHS if you are on the view content view.

• Management

Had a slight panic this evening as I couldn't add the D & T Award polls (there's no option to edit in a poll in the ordinary editor). I went into the Lo-Fi, and still couldn't, but clicked to go back to the blue skin with the edit window open and it opened the full editor!

It might be worth flagging this up as a temporary fix, Sal?

In all honesty, it's very difficult for me to envisage the problem because my screens work! I don't really know what to say apart from us waiting for the fix to be released by Invision, but I'm glad you've found a temporary fix.

I could be being totally dense here, but bear with me ;)

I can skip straight to my first unread post of a topic if I'm browsing the forum the topic is in...however, if I am accessing the "view new contents area" there doesn't seem to be the same button there. Am I being blind? Or even making sense?!

TIA

View New Content works slightly differently to the rest of the forum. If you're in the forum, you click the button to the left of the thread title (as you've already said). In View New Content, you just hit the thread title. It will automatically jump you to the last read post in that thread. :)