UPGRADE - 16/09

Hawker

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, it's important to do that, especially after the upgrade as the "markers" for what you've read/haven't read are kind of screwed around post-upgrade. Once everything has been set as read (so clicking the "Mark all as unread" or whatever it is in the View New Content page, or clicking "Mark board as unread" at the bottom of the front page), then new posts after that are automatically set as unread.

In all honesty, it's very difficult for me to envisage the problem because my screens work! I don't really know what to say apart from us waiting for the fix to be released by Invision, but I'm glad you've found a temporary fix.

I don't know if you could do it here, but I resolved that problem on my board by creating a separate member account so I could log in as her and view the screen as a member rather than as Admin.

Two things...

1) I just received a PM, but it's saying I can't reply to it. No idea why this might be!

2) When I logged onto the board, the PM notification came up first. So I went to the message, then clicked "View New Content". It showed me two posts. Hitting the back button twice and then clicking on VNC gave me all the day's posts.

Confused dot com!

I'm on Firefox.

ETA:

OK, so Janet sent me a message which I can reply to. Which then helped a bit... Her message doesn't have a big red X to it, which the message from Brina earlier does. When I hover over that it X says "message deleted" only it's not deleted, it's there - in my inbox thingy!

Edited by ~ Jen ~

As the message is still there and readable, perhaps a simple answer would be to copy and paste the previous pm into a new message and answer it from there?

That'll get old and frustrating real fast. When you don't quite hit the copy button and get to a message and have nothing to put in. When you keep highlighting the whole screen because you moved the mouse that little bit too far.

So many flaws... Think I'd rather have the reply button!

Still, I can chat to Janet. All isn't lost. :hug:

I'm sorry. I know it doesn't actually solve the problem, but I thought you only had a couple of old pms to answer and could answer the new messages normally, so this would help as an interim measure, till Sal could take a look.

<decides she'd better shut up and go away :unsure: >

Is it because Brina sent it to a block of people? I also got the same PM (I'm assuming!) with the same "this message has been deleted" message. I know that's the only PM I've been sent which has been to a group of people. Perhaps there's a fault somewhere down that line of things? It might be that you can't PM a "group". On the old board you could only send to one person at a time, I know. So maybe something just isn't in line properly for group messaging as yet. Just a thought to put out there!