NeighboursFans needs your help ×

UPGRADE - 16/09

Hawker

• Management

Sal, I was just wondering, are the quotes coming back to the top of the screen? I liked them in the old forum. It's fine if their not, I'm just curious.

Forgot about them! I would say adlerj that it would require Sal to go through a whole heap of recoding seeing as it's a whole new version of the forum software, so probably wouldn't be any time soon if ever. I'll let Sal answer fully for you though :p

Yeah, that's a pretty neat answer. :) The aim is to have them back (I have all of the old ones saved too) in the future but it might be a while before that happens.

And another question, I just got really confused before when updating my status on here as I made one update, then Ally replied to me, and I replied back to her, however my first update before Ally replied was removed and "replaced" with my new one. Is it normal to only have one saved update appear at a time?

Yeah, as Janet says, it is supposed to work that way. I'm not entirely sure why it works that way but it's how Invision have set up their software. I'd say that saving the last 3 or 5 statuses would be beneficial - but I will look into why Invision have it set up the way they do and whether they're intending to let us adjust it in the future.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very random thing, but when I logged in today my profile box has expanded and is now a permanent fixture in the top right hand corner of the screen (instead of just being my username with the option to drop down the options of "My Profile", etc.) and as such the 'View New Content' button is either hidden or gone completely.

This happening to anyone else or is it just something else I need to sort out with my laptop?!

• 1 month later...

Is there anyway to switch the reply field to HTML code view (or something like that) like you could in the previous version of the forum software? I think that's what it was called... basically the formatting didn't appear in the reply text box that you type, it was basically the HTML code that shows up instead. I found it useful for getting rid of loose code like the colour code and text size code that usually goes weird when you copy and paste from places. I just find the remove formatting button doesn't tend to work all the time.

• 3 months later...

I remember there being a statistics view in your own user profile where you could view details such as how many posts you've made in each section and what time you usually use the board? Is that feature still around? Because I can't find it anywhere.