NeighboursFans needs your help ×

Neighboursepisodes.com

baddrummer

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I heard back from Sal and she did a reboot yesterday but there is some "tinkering" going on behind the scenes which might have meant it didn't work.  

I'm using chrome and its okay on there, so maybe give that a go until the "tinkering" is finished and another reboot can be carried out. :) 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, birdman said:

Summaries are showing as down for me in Microsoft Edge still, unless the tinkering is still going on?

There's really no reason that the browser should affect things as it's a server side thing. Have you tried a hard refresh? (CTRL+F5)? Working fine for me in Edge.

Hmm. Have had a further look and 1992 is a funny one. It's a year where the caps are not complete so the part where the little picture is put next to the episode number is more resource intensive. Probably was fine when the archive was smaller, but the combination of archive growth and a different host, it may be groaning. 

I think there's scope for a re-code that may improve thing - I'll have a look into it (when I'm not at work!)

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Sayaka said:

Hmm. Have had a further look and 1992 is a funny one. It's a year where the caps are not complete so the part where the little picture is put next to the episode number is more resource intensive. Probably was fine when the archive was smaller, but the combination of archive growth and a different host, it may be groaning. 

I think there's scope for a re-code that may improve thing - I'll have a look into it (when I'm not at work!)

Thanks Sayaka. It’s no major annoyance, as I’m currently re-watching 1992 I'm making a log of what I’ve watched so far and like to refer to the archive for the correct Australian air dates. 

Had an hour or so this afternoon, so I've made the code more efficient with fewer database queries on the main site. (I've moved them off to a background area which will only need to run occasionally)

Hopefully that will help things a bit - as long as I haven't killed anything else during the coding process :D

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1