NeighboursFans needs your help ×

Upgrade - 22/09

Hawker

47 minutes ago, Hawker said:

And yes, @Benji the functionality has been in for a few versions now - so a couple of years.  There was a screen resolution where the button didn't show in the editor (due to space constraints) but I fixed that a few months ago.  

Thanks for the clarification. Guess I haven’t been paying attention, or maybe I saw it and didn’t know what it did. Now I do, and it’s very easy to use.

• Like 1
  • Management
11 minutes ago, BudgieJane said:

I don't want any email notifications at all.

Notifications are often a perilous area with upgrades, especially as settings are swapped around and deprecated; I chose what I felt were the safest options, but it's never as simple as one size fits all.  I'm sorry this has affected your account.

The good news is that it's trivial to make the change within your account.  Go to:  https://www.neighboursfans.com/forum/notifications/options/

In that screen, you can turn off various notification types individually - or, at the bottom right, there's a link to 'Stop all email notifications'.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Hawker said:

Notifications are often a perilous area with upgrades, especially as settings are swapped around and deprecated; I chose what I felt were the safest options, but it's never as simple as one size fits all.  I'm sorry this has affected your account.

The good news is that it's trivial to make the change within your account.  Go to:  https://www.neighboursfans.com/forum/notifications/options/

In that screen, you can turn off various notification types individually - or, at the bottom right, there's a link to 'Stop all email notifications'.

Is there a way to turn email notifications on? I used to have it and don't any more.

It doesn't give me an option to, the only option is to stop them. It says... Notifications that we send as an email go to (my email) but... I haven't had one in a long time, like over a year long. This applies to forum posts only, I have had PM notifications but my last post email was actually in September last year.

Edited by daydreambeliever
4 hours ago, lozthyneighbours said:

Well I wouldn’t call Rose a villain exactly. But Scarlett yes. 

Am I the only one who hates the board like this? Much prefer the comments to be fully on the page after all that’s why most of us come on here to read and enter into the conversation. I don’t think we need whatever is on the right of the comments, well I don’t really look at it anyway.  When comments are fully on the page you don’t need to hit expand or to scroll so far down. But anyways that’s imo. 

Agreed re the new look

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, boatmate said:

Really don’t like the new look when on a mobile device. It is harder to navigate and each thread looks ugly. I don’t like how the profile picture is in the middle and it is harder to tell when the post was made.

I agree with this one. It doesn't show when a post was made so it's quite hard to know where I am in a thread. I end up re-reading a lot of stuff. 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Hawker said:

I've made an edit to your account - please could you look over the setting now and see if you can see the option?  @daydreambeliever

Never mind all the previous palaver that I just deleted - thank you

@Hawker, while I couldn't make the change on the account itself, I just opened up my email and had notifications, I appreciate it!

Edited by daydreambeliever
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, JoeyBoy said:

I agree with this one. It doesn't show when a post was made so it's quite hard to know where I am in a thread. I end up re-reading a lot of stuff. 

If you click on the thread title itself, it should take you to where you last were in the thread. This means you will jump straight into new posts without the hassle of scrolling back and re-reading old stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, boatmate said:

Really don’t like the new look when on a mobile device. It is harder to navigate and each thread looks ugly. I don’t like how the profile picture is in the middle and it is harder to tell when the post was made.

If you turn your device portrait style it looks as before.  Its only on landscape mode do you see the new version.

1 hour ago, Skylover said:

Someone mentioned in Spoilers you can change the view of the thread to 'portrait' so it removes the pictures etc in the top right hand corner? Could anyone advise how you do this, please?

If you’re using your smartphone then you’re likely to already be viewing the board in ‘portrait’ as that’s the natural way. On mobile devices the board doesn’t have the right hand column that the desktop version has.

1 hour ago, Tracy C said:

If you turn your device portrait style it looks as before.  Its only on landscape mode do you see the new version.

Actually, if I turn my mobile to landscape I see the same layout as I do in portrait, it’s just wider.