NeighboursFans needs your help ×

Upcoming board changes

Hawker

An all expenses paid holiday out of Gillingham to anywhere would do me!

Thanks for all the hard work that has gone into this.  All looks great and much appreciated.

I've tried clicking on Grand Master and Recent Badges and I can't see the explanation.  Where do I need to click instead please?

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Clare said:

I've tried clicking on Grand Master and Recent Badges and I can't see the explanation.  Where do I need to click instead please?

If you click on the ‘badges earned’ it will take you to a list of all the badges. The top will tell you your percentage. You can also access it by clicking on the icon in your avatar that appears when you post.

• Thanks 1
  • Management
12 minutes ago, benjy said:

I’m a graphic designer - happy to look at some designs if that’s of interest!

If it's something you'd like to do for the site, I'd be very grateful!  Graphics have never been my forte; everything looks like I've opened MS Paint.

(Because I have.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Aww well done on all the changes/updates.  The Board looks great.  I do love my little achievement status thingie, and am well chuffed with all my badges.  I know I don't post on here that often, but that's kinda because I'm a bit intimidated by the 'grand masters' (my issue, not theirs, as everyone is just lovely) and always feel like my opinion isn't as valid.  But I am going to make an effort to post more so that I can get up to mentor status. LOL!  I might even commit to the cause fully, and get myself a wee avatar. ;)

• Hug 4
13 hours ago, Hawker said:

Don't worry; I won't be taking anything away - just merging areas, so you're still more than welcome to wax lyrical about Days.  :) 

Thank you! I really like the redesign after having a day to get used to it - I never put out opinions first viewing as it's always "ooh, not sure I like change" then. But yes, I think it's clearer in some ways.

• Like 1
  • Management
29 minutes ago, Starmaker73 said:

Aww well done on all the changes/updates.  The Board looks great.  I do love my little achievement status thingie, and am well chuffed with all my badges.  I know I don't post on here that often, but that's kinda because I'm a bit intimidated by the 'grand masters' (my issue, not theirs, as everyone is just lovely) and always feel like my opinion isn't as valid.  But I am going to make an effort to post more so that I can get up to mentor status. LOL!  I might even commit to the cause fully, and get myself a wee avatar. ;)

Thank you!

The badges are cool, aren't they?  I think we could have some fun coming up with new ones - and you've got one of the rare ones too!

I know how it feels to feel intimidated; I tend to lurk elsewhere on the internet, so I really feel you - but all opinions are very welcome, and you are super welcome to post.  I look forward to seeing your progress to Mentor!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, Starmaker73 said:

Don't feel intimidated :hug: We're all pretty chilled here I think. Would be good to see more posts, I post way more than I should :D 

• Like 1

Thanks very much for all your work on the upgrade, Sal - looks fab, and excited for my new crown! 👑 :D

11 hours ago, Benji said:

I see the emojis display in an Android style now. @wizardt™ will be pleased. Bye-bye iPhone style emojis. 👋 

I only really use the 'classic' smileys most of the time - :lol::D:wibbly: etc - as they are by far my faves, so not sure I'd have noticed! But you're right that my instincts more broadly are iPhone-sceptical. ;)

@Starmaker73 Do keep posting! :hug: Love to hear everyone's opinions on the board, and we Grand Masters' orthodoxies need challenging sometimes ;) (Android changed it to 'orthodontics' three times without my input - does iPhone do this @Benji?)

• Like 2
6 hours ago, wizardt™ said:

and we Grand Masters' orthodoxies need challenging sometimes ;) (Android changed it to 'orthodontics' three times without my input - does iPhone do this @Benji?)

No. It recognised the word ‘orthodoxy’ and did not autocorrect, so therefore iPhone is the “Grand Master” of smartphones. 😁

Guess I will have to get used to Android’s blob emojis now. 😂

@Starmaker73 Just remember that us “Grand Masters” all started from the same place as yourself. It took me so long to find my voice and to step into threads and post.  

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, Skylover said:

And who'd have thought you'd end up so gobby? :D;) 

😇😁😂

It’s the quiet ones you have to watch out for. Or so the cliché goes.

53 minutes ago, Skylover said:

I just realised I can no longer use the laughing crying iPhone face :(  

I really liked that one. Now looks like this: 😂😕 Which isn’t so bad, I guess. I’m getting used to them. 

• Like 1