GDPR

Hawker

• Management

You'll all be aware of GDPR by now, I am sure.

I've made some changes to privacy policy, guidelines, and terms and conditions of the site.  I'd appreciate it if you'd cast your eyes over them.

In short, hopefully you all know me quite well by now - we've been online for 17.5 years, and 13 of those have been under this domain.  I am extremely "old school" when it comes to the web; I believe in a site that's free of advertising, I don't believe in spam, I don't believe in sharing user data etc.

I believe in having a friendly, healthy, happy place to chat to each other - and if you get to a point where you decide you no longer want to be a participant on the site, and if you'd rather your message history was anonymised, then that's absolutely fine by me.  Drop me a line, or if I'm absent then drop someone on the Staff a line, and they'll get in touch with me, and we'll make those changes for you.

If you have any issues or queries about your user data, then do feel free to contact me - I'm sure we can resolve whatever concerns you have.  But, seriously, you all mean a lot to me...I have no intention of selling your data on or misusing it in any shape or form (I don't even send bulk e-mails; frankly, I haven't got the time) - but if you rather it wasn't here, just shout up, and we can erase you.

If you want a copy of what data we hold of yours (such as username, email address, known IP addresses, known devices, opt in details), then that can also be arranged.  

• Like 6