NeighboursFans needs your help ×

New forum: UK episode discussion

Hawker

• Management

Just a quick mention that we're handling the UK falling behind Aus by offering a new episode discussion forum.

The existing discussion thread for the episode from the Australian broadcast will be moved from 2020 Episode Summaries into the new UK forum.  This will keep all discussion to one thread.

It will then be moved back a few days later.

This means that we don't have to adjust the thread title or contents, which we use for archive purposes.  

We'll see how far we fall behind before making a decision about splitting Neighbours Chat into Australian pace and UK pace.  Australian pace posters, please try to be considerate of those who are watching at UK pace - your use of spoiler tags during this time is much appreciated.  

Any questions or comments, let me know.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Hawker said:

The existing discussion thread for the episode from the Australian broadcast will be moved from 2020 Episode Summaries into the new UK forum.  This will keep all discussion to one thread.

It will then be moved back a few days later.

Thanks Sal. I think that's the right approach, as it would be a shame to split the episode discussion altogether; discussion has been a lot more active on those parts of the boards since the UK and Australia have been airing in sync.

Okay, thanks for the heads-up, it was a bit confusing when I found today's UK episode thread had vanished! It's a way of doing it and might help make the threads easier to find for UK pace viewers. Splitting them might be difficult, but unfortunately it's getting increasingly hard to have discussions when we're watching at different rates.

9 minutes ago, Red Ranger said:

unfortunately it's getting increasingly hard to have discussions when we're watching at different rates.

It is, but at least we UK-ers can still respond to points made after the Aus airing, even though the original posters might've long forgotten those episodes by the time we get to them!

Thanks for this Sal, I really appreciate it. It was rather difficult remembering which episode the UK was on, but I like that we're keeping the same thread for both UK and Australia comments as I do like to read what others thought about the episode too.

I do think we'll get to the stage where things that  have happened at Aussie pace will be discussed in the chat or character discussion areas and will end up being spoilers at UK pace though as we'll get to the stage where they are months ahead of us again.

We will certainly make sure there are no spoilers in the episode threads, so that anyone can look in years to come (as someone is currently doing!) and read the summary/look at the comments and not be spoilt by knowing what comes in future episode(s).

• Like 1