Neighbours Forum - NeighboursFans.com

Summaries Archive Achievements

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2018 is now complete! A massive thank you to everyone involved and also thank you to Graham for doing such great caps to go with them!

A group of us (@Sayaka @eviltwin @Clare and myself) have been working the last few days to finish off some early summaries, and I'm pleased to announce that the summaries for 1995 are now complete.

I just wanted to say a massive thank you to those who have summarised in 2020 and to @Graham for capping, and also keeping the current episode numbers updated on the front of the archive.  Also those

Posted Images

Although the 95 ep I summarised wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Not brilliant, but there were still good moments.

But even then 96 was so much better by comparison. 

That's how I feel about 1995 too.  If you watch a single episode, there will be individual moments which are enjoyable and you'll find yourself wondering 'how bad could it have been really?' - but if you have to watch it day-in, day-out, it all quickly becomes tedious and those individual bright moments are not enough to sustain you through the season.

Whereas other episodes are much more consistent - they're more enjoyable through lots of storylines, and not just reliant on one story or one set of characters to make the episode worth watching.  

• Like 1

In 2008-2009 it was pretty appalling IMO, from the bits I've seen. But I didn't actually watch the show consistently in those years, whereas I did watch all of 1995. However I was probably less discerning at that age!

• Like 2

In fairness, I stopped watching in 99.  95 is by far the worst year of the 90s (and very disappointing too, as the show is so good in the early and late 90s) - but given that there's been two decades of episodes since then, I'm certain there's been far far worse in the intervening years.

We just like moaning about 95.  ;) 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, caz_04 said:

Well done, so is it just 91 from 1994 and one episode of 1998 to go aside from this year?

Yeah, that's right - we've been having a little bit of a push at 1994 as well, although it's harder work (for lots of reasons).  I think we've done 11 so far, but there's plenty to go.  

I think that 1998 episode might cause us a bit of grief, as I think from my notes that I missed it when it was aired on UKGold.  

On 15/04/2020 at 21:22, Hawker said:

Yeah, that's right - we've been having a little bit of a push at 1994 as well, although it's harder work (for lots of reasons).  I think we've done 11 so far, but there's plenty to go.  

I think that 1998 episode might cause us a bit of grief, as I think from my notes that I missed it when it was aired on UKGold.  

Amazing that you had so many of the episodes to summarise them.

• 8 months later...

I just wanted to say a massive thank you to those who have summarised in 2020 and to @Graham for capping, and also keeping the current episode numbers updated on the front of the archive.  Also those who have capped historical episodes.

Their efforts week in week out are very much appreciated! :)

• Like 9

100% - the efforts to keep the archive updated year on year are phenomenal, so a huge thank you to all those who summarise and cap, and to @Sayaka for all the archiving efforts.

Thanks also to those summarisers who knocked off the early years at the start of lockdown - we are far closer to completion than ever before.  🙌 🥳

• Like 7