End of the Year Review

Hawker

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see the quotes back, they were a great feature. I'd also like to see the arcade back, I never made enough posts to join in! :lol:

The board is brilliant as it is, so I would be just as happy if things stayed as they are. :) Thanks to all the staff and management for their hard work this year!

I loved the arcade too; when I made enough posts to get into it, that is! :lol: It was a fun feature to have.

I liked the quotes, but if they came back, I think they should be more strictly moderated because some of them seemed to go on a bit rather than being short and snappy. :)

Shoutboxes can also effect things like sever load and performance (probably not a good thing if you are making use of a finite web hosting resource).

Also remember that any customisation of the board software makes it hard when it comes to upgrading (though Invision have made steps in recent versions to make this easier).

As I understand there are several people with the knowledge to help out with the upgrade so you shouldn't have too many problems. Be a little careful though as the changes in v2.2.0 are fairly big.

• Management

I would never install a Shoutbox because I find them pointless for our sort of board - as has been said, we've got the Whatever! thread for short discussions, and the Shoutbox is one of the most exploitable hacks out there.

I do know how to upgrade the Invision board, having done nearly every upgrade since we installed it in 2002 (and many of the Ikonboard upgrades before we installed Invision!) - our compatibility issues don't particularly stem from the board software alone...it's a bit more complicated than that. :)

Would be nice to see the random quotes and arcade. Guess a lack of space would make a few web pages as the home page difficult for now, but would be nice to see in the future.

I am grateful about the huge amount of work that you and several other members put into the board to keep it up and running, are you still looking for a new host after the hacking problems that occurred earlier this year? :unsure:

• Management

We didn't have a shoutbox on here - that's why you don't remember it. I think people are either mixing up what a shoutbox is or mistaking us with another site (we have had lots of different looking boards over the years, so it's understandable!) :)