BACK UP! 15th September 2011

Sayaka

Hi guys

So sorry for the downtime this week. It's a long story, but basically the database was corrupted when the host decided to move server. We had 5 minutes notice of the move. The host hadn't made a recent backup, and I'm afraid the only one available was for May 2011.

So it's a "back in time" board I'm afraid - anyone who's signed up since May will need to do so again....all topics since May are lost forever...feel free to make new ones though :)

Please let me know if you notice anything screwy :)

This one's been a marathon.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done and thank you to everyone in getting the board back up :celebrate:

While I'm a bit disappointed about losing four months worth of threads/posts, I'm happy that it's back up as I missed chatting over here.

Was just about to post the exact same thing as you.

Glad it's back up. Thanks for working so hard to get it back.

So sorry for the downtime this week. It's a long story, but basically the database was corrupted when the host decided to move server. We had 5 minutes notice of the move. The host hadn't made a recent backup, and I'm afraid the only one available was for May 2011.

I'm amazed that they can actually do that. If it were me, I'd back up the database first, then copy the database so that if the copy were corrupted the original would still be there, and I'd only delete the original when the copy on the new server was proved to be correct. That is the way we did things when I was working for a large international bank, where losing a database could cost the firm a large amount of money, and that is the way it should always be done.

Thank you for your efforts in getting back what you could. It is appreciated.