UPGRADE - 16/09

Hawker

BTW: I'm not sure if it was just me, but I wanted to edit the thread title in last week's Drama and Turkey Awards and can't see how to do it. It gets changed through time from nominations to vote, to results, so it's helpful to be able to do it myself.
You can still do it yourself Barney but just a slightly different way to do it. Click 'edit post' then when your post opens up, click on 'use full editor' and you then get access to the title/subtitle. I hope that helps. :)
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also love the blue skin. It looks awesome. Well done. :celebrate:

Sal, I think the time problem has to do with the auto DST box being ticked. Even though it's suppose to automatically adjust whether it's daylight savings or not, it seems to think Melbourne and Sydney are on daylight savings right now when we're not. Hence the time being an hour ahead when this box is ticked.

When I unticked the auto DST box and saved, the time is now correct and has stayed at the correct time. :D

Edited by AshleySolo
BTW: I'm not sure if it was just me, but I wanted to edit the thread title in last week's Drama and Turkey Awards and can't see how to do it. It gets changed through time from nominations to vote, to results, so it's helpful to be able to do it myself.
You can still do it yourself Barney but just a slightly different way to do it. Click 'edit post' then when your post opens up, click on 'use full editor' and you then get access to the title/subtitle. I hope that helps. :)

Thanks, Tracy. I tried that, but nothing happens when I click on 'Use full editor'. :(

I've encountered a problem with the spoiler tags, I can't open them. The "Spoiler! --Click here to view--" isn't clickable. Is it like this for others or just me?

Also, would it be possible to have a skin where the icons in front of threads in the subforums would be more clear if I had answered them or not? There was a little ┘in the corner yesterday or the day before, but now there's just a bit of white that isn't very clear. It's not a big problem but I liked seeing clearly which topics I had replied to and which topics I hadn't.

Other than that, the look is great, congratulations with the upgrade   :)

You're right about the spoilers. Anything that was tagged before the upgrade doesn't seem openable at the moment. There's a new "way" of viewing spoilers now, and I can only assume that the old way of opening isn't compatible with the new upgrade.

This is how it looks now:

Hello. I am a spoiler. *SPOIL*

In short, no it's not just you :)

I'm not sure I know what you mean on your second point. I'd say it's quite clear what I've read or not. I didn't think it had ever showed whether you'd responded to a thread or not.

This is my screen. You can see I haven't read the top one and I have read the next one, and the one after I've also replied to (but you know that through the thread information?)

Fullscreencapture19092009135736.jpg

Hope I've helped a little!

ETA: As for the "full editor" error mentioned earlier, I'm afraid I'm in the dark on that as it seems to be working fine for me :)

• Management

It does exist on the blue skin but it's very subtle. The red skin has the green marking on it, so you might find that easier to use. On the hot topics in the blue skin, for example:

Read / not posted: t_hot_read.png

Read/ posted: t_hot_read_dot.png

Unread / not posted: t_hot_unread.png

Unread / posted: t_hot_unread_dot.png

If you look closely, the posted icons have a bit of ring of white on them next to the fire...that indicates that you've posted in the thread. Faded out means you've read it. Saturated means you haven't.

• Management
Sal, I think the time problem has to do with the auto DST box being ticked. Even though it's suppose to automatically adjust whether it's daylight savings or not, it seems to think Melbourne and Sydney are on daylight savings right now when we're not. Hence the time being an hour ahead when this box is ticked.

When I unticked the auto DST box and saved, the time is now correct and has stayed at the correct time. :D

Ahhh, that's slightly annoying - but I'm glad you worked it out. :D

Thanks, Tracy. I tried that, but nothing happens when I click on 'Use full editor'. :(

Could you give this another go for me, and if it doesn't work, could you tell me which browser you're using?

The spoiler tag thing is highly annoying but it's not something that can be sorted out without another rebuild - which I don't much fancy, as it'll take us offline for a day or so again.

This spoiler tag problem has happened before, hasn't it? I've never been able to open the spoiler tags on really old posts (I sometimes watch old episodes and then read the comments in episode discussion), so I thought this was something similiar now. Good to know it's like that for everybody, I thought my browser was maybe not fully compatible with the new software (I use Opera so that has happened with some sites in the past).

I actually did notice the white thing in the topic icons before, I just didn't think they were clear enough. I've changed to the red skin now, and it looks more clear like it used to. Thanks for the tip.

• Management

This spoiler tag problem has happened before, hasn't it? I've never been able to open the spoiler tags on really old posts (I sometimes watch old episodes and then read the comments in episode discussion), so I thought this was something similiar now. Good to know it's like that for everybody, I thought my browser was maybe not fully compatible with the new software (I use Opera so that has happened with some sites in the past).

Yeah, I think you could be right there...although there was a way to read the text...this time they're totally rucked up. The problem is that historically, spoiler tags weren't part of the board as it shipped...so when there's an upgrade, Invision pays them no heed. (It's the same as the quote of the moment going missing, for example...it's not a "proper" part of the board so the upgrade overwrites it.)

Fortunately, it is now part of the software so hopefully it won't happen again in the future.

I actually did notice the white thing in the topic icons before, I just didn't think they were clear enough. I've changed to the red skin now, and it looks more clear like it used to. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, I realised from your post you'd noticed them - I was elaborating for the others in the thread. :) I will have a look at altering them in the future but it's probably not going to be top of the priority list just yet. :)

Opera should be fine on here - but yeah, there can be quirks between browsers. I think IE will turn out to be the most problematic...