...golly, I've just realised what the date is...

Hawker

• Management

It's the 18th of March - and that means that we're celebrating our 3rd year of being Neighboursfans today.

The forums have been going for a lot longer than 3 years (as most of you know) and we're going to celebrate our 8th birthday in a few months (I can't believe I've spent almost 1/3 of my life administrating a Neighbours forum...I'm not quite sure how to feel about that!).

To do the traditional recap thing, we've had a few changes this year - the biggest of which has to be the launch of Neighbours Episodes, which saw our episode summaries archive receive a domain of its own. It now houses well over 3500 summaries and as always, I am incredibly indebted to Gaynor for all of her hard work maintaining it, and to all of the Contributors - past and present - who have taken part in building the archive.

As always, I am forever grateful for the Staff who invest an awful lot of their time in the site and spend a lot of time behind the scenes ensuring that everything runs as smoothly as possible. I (and my fellow Admin members) certainly couldn't run this place without them!

...and that only leaves me to thank you guys! Without everyone logging on each day to share their thoughts and theories, this place wouldn't exist - and certainly wouldn't be the success that it is. So er, give yourselves a pat on the back!

This year has been a pretty interesting year overall, with us doing away with the traditional look of Invision in August and changing to the new Pro Board look. The biggest change of late has been the re-addition of Quote of the Moment, which happened last week and already I can't imagine having the board without it. Most of the other changes on the board during this past year have been a lot smaller - such as opening up Current Affairs to everyone, changing the boards to being member-only and other cosmetic things.

In contrast to our relative calm, Neighbours itself has had a pretty turbulent year with its move from the BBC to Five in the UK and its recent changes behind the scenes...but I'm confident that we're all looking forward to what's next for the show!

As always, I'm interested to hear what you guys think about what we offer - if there's something you'd like to see changed, or something you think we should have a crack at, shout up and let me know. Have a think about what you'd change if you were in charge - new ideas are always welcomed!

Overall, the site has gone from strength to strength in the past 3 years. We've had just shy of 10,000 members join us since our move from Erins and I'm really looking forward to the next year and all that it brings.

(Oh and happy 23rd birthday to Neighbours!)

Wasn't March 18 1985 the date when Neighbours first started in Australia (on Channel Seven)?

EDIT: Woops just realised it was mentioned in the first place. Anyway, happy birthday to both the board and the show!

Edited by swanny16

Happy Birthday NeighboursFans! And possibly Happy Birthday Neighbours! :celebrate:

Many thanks to Sal and her team for running this haven of lovely people, information and procrastination exercises :lol: I don't know what I'd do without it...other than maybe an essay or two.....:whistling:

Happy Birthday to NeighboursFans.com :D (How quaint, wishing happy birthday to a website ...)

Thank you loads and loads Sal, Janet, Jen and all of the staff - you do an incredible job and I'm very grateful. Well done for making and keeping the site the wonderful procrastination tool it is today ;)

So er, give yourselves a pat on the back!

*does so*

The Sal/Admin team do a great job, long may it continue

I love the idea of the mighty Sal being a team in herself!